Bailing out Florida again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't get it wrong people build houses and other buildings in areas that should not be built on. Working with surveyors and engineers I see this a lot. Usually not on the scale as the state of Florida, but it peoples choice to live in these area. As many said I would rather have my tax dollars go there not to Ukraine.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Florida has hurricanes, Oklahoma has tornadoes, California has..everything we despise, Colorado has forest fires as does Idaho, Colorado. Arkansas has tornadoes and chiggers, Arizona has forest fires and water shortages, Washington DC has evil politicians as does New York City.
You can't get away from nature and politicians.
We have a friend who lives in Fort Myers Florida and they've been after us to move there. They're lucky, they just lost the roof of their home during the recent storm and we aren't moving there!

Trooper Joe

Marksman
Reaction score

Sanibel is a barrier island. Barrier islands were probably meant to protect the mainland not to build communities on them that are very risk prone.

A very important part of emergency management is mitigation. Mitigation is any activity meant to decrease destruction from these recurring disasters. I don’t think we are doing a very good job with mitigation.

Just some thoughts.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree we have sent a lot to Ukraine but in this day and time anyone who wants to be free or any country who want's should be able without fear!! why can't we do a better job of getting rid of the Dick Taters!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom