Baloney and Dresses, New job offer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't click on them but hovering does the same thing? I'm confused by your statement. I remember Outlook where you could look at the actual data files by right clicking and selecting from a drop down. I cannot remember what you had to select. It gave you all of the real information about IP's routes, machine language code about actual servers and real email addresses.

Whatever happened to that capability? MS has really dumbed it down and has pissed me off so much I have looked for alternates but have found none that are even reliable.
Yes, if you hover your mouse pointer on the link but don't click it, most email clients will pop up the actual URL similar to the pic below, or sometimes in the lower left corner. As in this example, the email appears to point to a Verizon account, but the link does not go to a Verizon URL. That, and the poor English, are probably the two biggest red flags. Outlook will actually move emails where they detect this kind of thing automagically to the spam folder.

upload_2019-10-31_11-28-55.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom