Ban Era RRA A2 NM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I found myself in possession of a very low round count early Rock River Arms national match A2 rifle. It use to be a members on here and has exchanged hands once or twice. It is ban Era (no muzzle break or bayo lug) and is before they were chroming or NB BCGs. The rifle is in the 5000 range of serial numbers and has an early design roll mark that's not what is out there now. I LOVE the lower. The trigger is superior to any I have shot, I like the fixed A2 stock, and it's an early RRA! I don't care for the upper. It is SUPER HEAVY and I don't plan on 600 yard iron sight shots. I'm not going to be getting into the CMP or any other competitions that I can forsee in the future, and safe space is limited. With all this being said. Am I better off parting with the entire rifle (no case, sling, original mag, or paper work), or keeping the lower I like and just part with the upper? Is there a market for just the upper? And what would be a fair value on it if I did (new they are like 900 on RRA website). Is there a collectors market for old RRA rifles?

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's the entire upper, the barrel, it's free floated in a weird way, it's an a2 fixed handle, it has precision sights that I strain to see, I would either part with the upper or whole rifle. I just don't know if the upper is desirable, or if it would be blasphemy to separate an early RRA in such good condition.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure someone would want it, but being preban, it is no more or no less valuable than any other upper. I've seen some folks think they are something special and want 2k+ for em.

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
what you have may be a rifle built for military match use, my rifles with the weights installed weigh over 13 pounds.

If so, you have a special trigger, match-grade barrel, and national match sights.

Suggest listing on some site like accurate shooter that has followers that are "into" that shooting discipline.

That series of Rock Rivers are excellent rifles, and should not be treated as the casual, butcher-shop AR clones that were mixed-matched and thrown together which it seems like 99% of them were, IMO

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom