Ban on your gas stove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alnpar

Old Truckers Never Die
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Biden administration is currently considering a nationwide ban on gas stoves.

The Biden Administration is now weighing a nationwide ban on gas stoves.

Tens of millions of Americans use gas stoves. They're affordable, practical, and popular.

Enough with this woke garbage!

— Rep Andy Biggs (@RepAndyBiggsAZ) January 10, 2023
The Consumer Product Safety Commission is deliberating the action after research showed that emissions from the appliances can lead to health and respiratory issues.

“This is a hidden hazard,” CPSC Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. said. “Any option is on the table. Products that can’t be made safe can be banned.”

My guiding duty is protecting consumer health and safety. Gas stoves can emit dangerous level of toxic chemicals – even when not in use – and @USCPSC will consider all approaches to regulation. Thank you @AriNatter and @business for excellent journalism.

— Commissioner Rich Trumka Jr. (@TrumkaCPSC) January 9, 2023
Groups including the American Chemical Society and New York University Law School’s Institute for Policy Integrity found that gas stoves emit pollutants like nitrogen dioxide, carbon dioxide and fine matter.

The Environmental Protection Agency and World Health Organization have deemed that the level at which these pollutants are emitted is unsafe.

Respiratory illness, cardiovascular problems, cancer and other illnesses have also been allegedly attributed to gas stoves.

According to the International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, more than 12% of childhood asthma can be linked to the appliances as well.

Brady Seals, a manager in the carbon-free buildings program at the nonprofit clean energy group RMI and a co-author of the study, made a statement.

“There is about 50 years of health studies showing that gas stoves are bad for our health, and the strongest evidence is on children and children’s asthma,” Seals said. “By having a gas connection, we are polluting the insides of our homes.”

Senator Cory Booker (D-N.J.) and Representative Don Beyer (D-Va.) have also voiced their support for the agency to take action against the appliances. In a letter, they wrote that gas stoves are a “cumulative burden” on minority and low-income households.

These reports have received criticism and pushback from associations that represent gas stove makers, as well as the public.

Secure the border? No.
Curb inflation for working families? No.

Ban gas stoves? YUP.

— House Judiciary GOP (@JudiciaryGOP) January 10, 2023
Jill Notini, vice president with the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers, noted the inefficiency of the ban.

“Ventilation is really where this discussion should be, rather than banning one particular type of technology,” Notini said. “Banning one type of a cooking appliance is not going to address the concerns about overall indoor air quality. We may need some behavior change, we may need [people] to turn on their hoods when cooking.”

According to the Consumer Product Safety Commissioner, the ban could take the form of a suspension of imports, or a ban on the local manufacturing of gas stoves.

The CPSC, which has a staff of roughly 500, plans to open public comment on hazards posed by gas stoves later this winter.

https://www.oann.com/newsroom/biden-administration-gas-stove-ban/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2023/01/10/gas-stove-ban-us/11022254002/
Lets start with "MY HOUSE MY CHOICE!" maybe it would be better to install a gas line for a stove and next to it a 220 Outlet. That way the consumer has the choice to the so-called risk. OH wait... we shut down the pipe lines of oil. Where the HeLL are we going to get the electric to power all these stoves. And now we see MILLIONS without electric in Calif Floods.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LOST NATURAL GAS? I"m 71 and have NEVER EVER lost natural gas!
Do these IDIOTS lie awake at night dreaming up ways to screw things up?

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just breath, unless you have a gas range ;). Remember, it’s one agency just looking at them, and they have been for years. Banning is just one of many potential options. Proper ventilation is one fix.(assuming there is actually a problem). Typing this as I’m cooking breakfast on my gas range.
R (2).png

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unfortunately the enemy has full control over the institutions, ie the media, the universities and a large portion of government agencies. They have already shown that they can rig election a with impunity.
Sadly that is a very true fact today and we have many enemys who are being helped by our medias, constant use of their bias news programing to gain the general publics approval of their quickly put togather laws.

We have a mass shooting or just a smaller shooting that involves children, and the news media jumps on them, with what? "WE NEED STRONGER GUN CONTROL" and to add gasoline to the fire WE NEED A BAN ON ASSUALT RIFLES AND THE LARGE MAGAZINES."

This is nothing new but it keeps getting attention and this keeps it alive.

What we have to understand is the Democrats mabe not all but enough of them, along with some RINO Republicans, want to remove all firearms from this Country it's their long term master plan.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets start with "MY HOUSE MY CHOICE!" maybe it would be better to install a gas line for a stove and next to it a 220 Outlet. That way the consumer has the choice to the so-called risk. OH wait... we shut down the pipe lines of oil. Where the HeLL are we going to get the electric to power all these stoves. And now we see MILLIONS without electric in Calif Floods.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU LOST NATURAL GAS? I"m 71 and have NEVER EVER lost natural gas!
Do these IDIOTS lie awake at night dreaming up ways to screw things up?
A couple winters ago, in the massive freeze. Lost for other things over the years, but Not comparable to how many time I’ve lost electricity.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They just have to make people afraid of gas stoves and appliances; it's a slower process but people will stop using them, no need to ban them.
They say gas is dangerous for the children.
So...everybody that's been wearing a mask in their car will now be getting rid of their gas stoves and making sure their kids friends houses don't have them before they over to play.
Users of natural gas will be demonized and made killers of children.
You know the play book by now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom