Bank of Oklahoma apologizes for "delaying direct deposits"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pretty sad when you can't make $3,600 a month work for you and you must live paycheck to paycheck.

I kind of feel sorry for those people but at the same time eeehhh.
Love to see where all that money is going.
On $3600 a month I would be pooping in tall cotton but I've learned how to survive on very little.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of you guys are harsh. So the lady makes $3,600.00/mo. Guess some would rather be judgy than give folks the benefit of the doubt. 😝 With her son being on the spectrum no telling what that entails. Makes me think of one of my wife’s students. He’s 17 right now been bedridden since my wife started teaching him 5 years ago and probably won’t make it to 20 having muscular dystrophy. Before he turned one year old his father abandoned the family because he didn’t want to “deal” with his son. Left mom with three small children trying to manage everything all by herself. Anyhoo. I feel sorry for those folks where things are so tight that a day or two would leave them in a financial mess. Even when I had to feed 5 of us on $100 a month I wasn’t that strapped. Guess the Good Lord has blessed me and saved me so many times from my own stupidity that I’m inclined not to pass judgement on others so quickly.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Edit ** Didn't see the other posters with the same thoughts. But I stand by my assertion.

THis quote from the OP post caught my attention. She gets $3,600 per month from the VA. Seems like a decent chunk especially if this is after taxes, assuming she has not other employment. Especially in OK, and many other states, it is beyond me why someone bringing home $3600/month is struggling to survive and is living paycheck to paycheck. That's $43,200 per year take-home. That's $24-$26 per hour. Why are you paycheck to paycheck with that hourly rate? That's far more than slinging fast food for a living. Maybe I'm way off base here but had she said $1500/month or so I'd have a different perspective.

Rachelle Shepherd was expecting her $3,600 VA check to hit her account today.

"I have $25 dollars in the bank. I need to pay groceries and my mortgage," says Shepherd.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom