bank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IBC bank in Stillwater has a no guns sign. Last time I was there one of the tellers was walking out with a huge stack of cash for a delivery to the Texas road House unarmed. Overheard them talking about driving to the Burger King for the next delivery. The IBC in OKC a couple years ago was robbed at gunt point, but they don't seem to mind.
So Stillwater STILL doesn't have armored car service for businesses? 35 years ago in Stillwater I was in management for a restaurant chain. We had to hand carry all deposits several miles downtown to the bank. Ditto to transport change orders from the bank back to the restaurant. Several times a week I carried more than $5,000 in cash to the bank. I always went out a different door of the restaurant and never at the same time of day/night. I had a loaded handgun in the vehicle due to risk of being hijacked.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So Stillwater STILL doesn't have armored car service for businesses? 35 years ago in Stillwater I was in management for a restaurant chain. We had to hand carry all deposits several miles downtown to the bank. Ditto to transport change orders from the bank back to the restaurant. Several times a week I carried more than $5,000 in cash to the bank. I always went out a different door of the restaurant and never at the same time of day/night. I had a loaded handgun in the vehicle due to risk of being hijacked.

We do have Loomis. I work at the old Walmart and see their truck waiting out front after my lunch every so often. I don't get why the banks don't use them. Hell, in the past few years we've had a shooting suicide in the highschool, a crazed woman driving through the OSU parade, and a friend of mine was literally beheaded by his psychotic friend with a machete!

We have a few open carriers that I see regularly at work and people always say something along the lines of how safe it is here and there's no need. Honestly, with the constantly rotating population, how can someone just walk around without a care like these bank tellers? Businesses and banks dont even use a buddy system when walking out with cash in hand.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To hell with posted banks. Ur not violating the law if u carry unless u refuse to leave upon request. I always ignore gun buster signs. BOA is not posted. If I was ever asked to leave, I would and never return except, in the case of a bank, to close my account.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took some change into my credit union in Kansas, and there was over $300 so I cashed it out. Something embarrassing happened while the change was being fed into the coin counter, and that was that a 38 round that somehow got into the can was there and it went into the counter as well. I told them about it and they said that they'd make sure I got it back the next time I was there. I was carrying (concealed) past a gun-buster as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom