Banner Gun Range ------- Harry Retired

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He was a nice guy. I went there one time many years ago, shot the bull with him for a minute and briefly mentioned being interested in buying a 1911. He reached under the counter, plunked down a 1911 and a box of shells and said "go try one out!".

Hope he can enjoy retirement. Did he own the place? Is he selling it?

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah sorry guys I changed the title. Didn't think about that lol. They are trying to de-nicotine the office and clean up years and years worth of stuff lying around. He said they want to make the range very family friendly. I guess Harry broke his hip and called it quits. I'll kinda miss the old guy.

Oh DANG! Bless his heart. That broken hip is a death sentence for someone his age. :cry3: And I'm like you. I will miss him.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gene Sears owns it, Harry ran it. In the last couple years Harry had broken both hips, but still came back. He recently fractured his spine and had a major fusion which was too much for him to come back from.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tkdgeek

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of potential at that range...

There is enough brass and stuff on the ground you could tumble it in concrete sized mixers and make a paved walkway up to the place if someone set it in some sort of clear gel like paving. I kinda liked when I went a couple times last year. And we certainly COULD use a respectable outdoor range that isn't an hour away on our side of the city!!!
Off topic but the wife and I drive by there going to use the shotgun place around the corner. Nice place.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you go into Gene Sears and ask if he owns that range his wife will quickly tell you SHE owns it. :)

Gene said he sold one plot of land once and will never sell any more.. All the land they own will stay within the family is what he told me.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there a couple weeks ago, I'm excited to see what the guys from Cloverleaf do with it. I didn't ask about rapid fire as I was shooting bolt guns but it sounds like they've got a lot of plans for the range. Apparently they've been trying to take it over for a couple years...

Latest posts

Top Bottom