Bargain Guns in Purcell-Out Of Business???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know why Bargain Guns in Purcell is out of business?

My wife and I had a great experience with them in 2020. We were looking for a hard to find, Desert Eagle 1911c, for over a year and they had one in stock at a reasonable price.

We are looking for another gun so we go to BG Armslist’s page and it’s gone, go to their Facebook page and it’s gone. Their social media presence is nowhere to be found. My wife’s calls the shop this morning and was informed they are no longer in business. This is disappointing.

Anyone knows what’s going on.
Bargain Guns was approached by ATF over trade in guns being sold without being entered in their inventory-BIG NO NO. License revoked and told to transfer their inventory to another dealer. That dealer was Sooner State Pawn in OKC. Probably some substantial fines and possibly jail time. It’s too bad. We bought some guns from them. They were nice folks.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bargain Guns was approached by ATF over trade in guns being sold without being entered in their inventory-BIG NO NO. License revoked and told to transfer their inventory to another dealer. That dealer was Sooner State Pawn in OKC. Probably some substantial fines and possibly jail time. It’s too bad. We bought some guns from them. They were nice folks.
Wow!

OneShotKill

Marksman
Reaction score
Bargain Guns had a presence at the OKC gun shows for decades and had a shop south of Purcell. I traded with them a few times and always thought them fair. He specialized in Rugers and if there was a hard to find one, he was the guy. Also, any quality handgun but mostly the better brands, Smith and Wesson, Colt, etc. would be found on his tables. Sorry to see them go, but we all are getting old.

Sooner state became my favorite shop on SW 59th years ago. I asked them to beat deals on both guns and silencers and they did on the spot. I dealt with Tommy on the South Side and told my wife when I pass to consign them with him, I trust those guys. I recently advised my sister and she ordered a new gun from the shop on 23rd since the one one Western closed years ago.

Anyway, I was pleased with both of them and if ordering anything I would try Sooner State first. Just my experience.

OneShotKill

Marksman
Reaction score
Wow. I had no clue they got in trouble. People just need to know how darn strict the gun laws are. I would be surprised if it was a big crime, probably just not keep up the paperwork would be my guess. Sorry to hear it, see my post above.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Someone from this forum probably snitched on them...the same way they have stated publicly they'd snitch on folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom