Barrel rest pad and other Leather goods by me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1783.JPG
Gonna build a few of these for the daughters and I to rest shotgun barrels on between our turns shooting clays. Got this one done so far. My middle daughter likes blue and this will fit in with her birthday gifts tomorrow. Probably the most useful thing she'll get. Lol

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the other day they were resting em on their toe. I only let them load one shell at a time and they are only allowed to load once pointed down range but I'd sure get frustrated if an "accident" cost em a toe or two.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the other day they were resting em on their toe. I only let them load one shell at a time and they are only allowed to load once pointed down range but I'd sure get frustrated if an "accident" cost em a toe or two.

Resting on the toe is the norm in clays.
Doing that or even sweeping your hand in USPSA will get you a DQ, and you go to the house.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The rules in the school ODWC trap program require them to use a pad. I know Okie4570 said they ran into this rule at his daughters shoot the other day. I believe he said she usually rests her o/u on her shell bag. I'm gonna try to get them as "rule compliant" as I can before they get into the program. I've noticed, like you say other guys do rest em on their toe and some folks make a key chain lookin deal that ties to a bootlace and lays on the toe.

Cowcatcher

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1786.JPG
Built this today for the ranch foreman. We've been burning pasture and brushpiles. Armadillos have been thick. He decided it was time for a holster.

Also, I've edited the original title. Gonna start posting more stuff I've made right here instead of starting new threads.

Latest posts

Top Bottom