Barrel Welding? Co-Joining? Can it be done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The

Hence my question of a 9/22 wildcat, and your question of welding two barrels together.
I'm still not understanding the need for a 9mm chamber with a .22 barrel other than to make a really fast .22.

The Swedish training ammo looks like a standard 9mm FMJ. It has a "resin" nosecone with a 22 cal (actually more like a .206) steel "BB" type projectile in the nose.

It loads into standard 9mm magazines.

Swedish.jpg

Dave

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not use a .22 blank, machine it for the upper and then chamber it for 9? 9mm carbines are blowback like the .22. Nordic Components used to make .22 barrels for an ARs out of Lothar-Walther blanks. Am I missing something?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why not use a .22 blank, machine it for the upper and then chamber it for 9? 9mm carbines are blowback like the .22. Nordic Components used to make .22 barrels for an ARs out of Lothar-Walther blanks. Am I missing something?

Heck, I'm open for any suggestions. Problem is, anyone I have talked to about making a barrel has always said that it would be "cost prohibitive" but have never come up with a price. Once guy told me that he'd have to special order something like 400 barrel blanks to even try it.

I don't have the tools or skills to make the barrel I want, so I'm looking to see if anyone else can.

My ideal barrel would have a 9mm chamber feeding into just a straight bored out hole that was .210 in diameter. Doesn't even need rifling.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just noticed but accuracy will suck if your projectile is .206
Accuracy isn't an issue with this stuff.

It is training ammo. To get shooters familiar with shooting the gun at a low cost.

Back when this ammo was available it was cheaper than .22LR used to be.

When blasting with the Uzi, it is just "fun" to shoot with. You aren't looking for bullseyes, just having fun on full auto on the cheap.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom