Barrett Long Range 1 completed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's it cost and how many rounds did you need?
I shot about 110, you only have to have 100, at the end you can shoot as much as you have after you qualify, they open the range. I think course required 85 rounds to be exact, for each section there is a required count, you may not use them all. $1200

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's it's name? AT&T? Reach out and touch someone?
Lol, it’s just what I have. The 20” m82 or 107 will do the job too. I had the only bolt gun, others owners had 107a1’s and the guys who rented used Barrett’s 107a1. A guy can rent from Barrett and will be issued the above. Optics were night force atacr 8-32-56, absolute amazing optic, wither Tremor3 reticle, once a guy knows how to use it, there is little that you can’t do even with a moving target.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol, it’s just what I have. The 20” m82 or 107 will do the job too. I had the only bolt gun, others owners had 107a1’s and the guys who rented used Barrett’s 107a1. A guy can rent from Barrett and will be issued the above. Optics were night force atacr 8-32-56, absolute amazing optic, wither Tremor3 reticle, once a guy knows how to use it, there is little that you can’t do even with a moving target.
Class size is 10, but we had two no shows. At any point you can ask anything, related to the class, shooting, curriculum, system, wind, anything. Class size allows great time to learn how each of us do.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I visited the Whittington Center a few years ago while on my way to Red River NM and spoke with one of the instructors after the wife and I toured the museum. I'm not a big fan of the NRA under the current leadership, but the Whittington Center is very impressive. I don't have a Barrett (wouldn't mind having one but I couldn't afford to shoot it anyway so...) but I still plan on going out to there and reaching out to 1000 yards and more with the rifles I do have.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just spent 3 days with Barrett at NRA Whittington Raton, NM. Man if you got a Barrett 50, I highly encourage going if you want to learn to engage out to 1000 yards at lr1 and a mile at lr2. Great time and I can tell you with authority. I can engage repeatedly targets out to 1000 yards. (Weapon was covered to keep optic cooler and dust from the other shooters, when I wasn’t)
Congrats!!! Been through several of those shooting events there with Barrett.....M107A1 and MRADs. We would lay extra shooting mats under muzzle to reduce "tossed salad".....er, "tossed grit"out there.....muzzle blast. Recognize Chad and Devon handing you your certificate. Couple of very skilled shooters and great instructors....Chad Wind Whisper Par Excellaence.!!! Spent the prior week with them at Barrett in Christiana, TN going through the M82/M107A1 and MRAD/MK22 Armorers Courses. That needs to be your next road trip. Been there several times for other training. Always a great experience, first class organization Interesting plant tour included, seeing those babies being born.....very emotional experience. :) :) :) Stacked to the roof with MRAD MK22s ready to head to the military as part of the $50MM Advanced Sniper Rifle Program. Sad learning the REC7 and REC10 have been discontinued in July. With those and the shoties and the Fieldcraft gone, Barrett is becoming a two pony show. But, what a pair of ponies!!!!

Last edited:

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go ahead take that shot.....field dress that lope with that 50....... They are like tame house pets on the ranges and nearthe lodging facilities at Whittington. Have had them come right up to the lodging when we are sitting out in the evening post shooting.......little beggars.......

Latest posts

Top Bottom