Bart Starr has thrown his last pass....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember him playing in mud with that one bar face mask. Tough and it showed in his face. He had no fear to run, and he had to do that often.
Great arm and was great to the fans.
I"ll miss you Mr. Starr. Good game

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He seemed like he was playing because he loved the game and the money was secondary.Loved to watch him play.Back then you knew that when Green bay played Chicago or Minnesota they were going all out.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the Greats for sure. That single bar facemask was only there because they made him wear it. He was one tough dude. RIP Bart!

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He was a tough guy. The "Ice Bowl" is unforgettable. Thirteen degrees below zero, Lambeau field frozen solid and coated with ice. Bart Starr told Coach Lombardi during a time out that he could score on a quarterback sneak, and he did. On to Super Bowl II after that.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we were kids, me and my buddies would write to our favorite sports heroes and asked them to send us an autographed picture. Bart Starr answered everyone I know of who wrote him, and sometimes even had a personal reply.

One of my all-time favorite players.

Latest posts

Top Bottom