Baseball card collectors, need advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got many complete sets of baseball cards from 1987 to 1992. Some still in the plastic, never opened. I know most of these are worthless since this was the golden age of collecting and they printed millions of them. Had hoped one of my kids would be interested but no.
Tired of moving them, it's time for them to go, thinking of just tossing them in the garbage.

Are there any that might be worth trying to sell? I went to the Sports Memorabilia show in OKC a few months ago and spoke with a few dealers and collectors. They told me what I had was mostly worthless with the exception of one year with Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. Even that was only worth a few bucks.

Is anybody interested in these. If needed, I'll put up an ad, just looking for advice.
Thanks.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got many complete sets of baseball cards from 1987 to 1992. Some still in the plastic, never opened. I know most of these are worthless since this was the golden age of collecting and they printed millions of them. Had hoped one of my kids would be interested but no.
Tired of moving them, it's time for them to go, thinking of just tossing them in the garbage.

Are there any that might be worth trying to sell? I went to the Sports Memorabilia show in OKC a few months ago and spoke with a few dealers and collectors. They told me what I had was mostly worthless with the exception of one year with Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card. Even that was only worth a few bucks.

Is anybody interested in these. If needed, I'll put up an ad, just looking for advice.
Thanks.
Please PM me. I'd be possibly interested for my grandsons. What do you want for them?

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went through some more and found binders of nothing but St. Louis player cards. My grandpa was a big fan of the Cardinals. Still mostly late 80's and early 90's but might be interesting to a Cards fan.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 80s and 90s all the kids I knew had stacks of baseball cards. I can’t think of a single one of them worth as much as some of the basketball players of the same era.
I have a single card today but it’s much older. Willy Mays. Have a brother that wanted to borrow some money. He spent and was always broke. I mowed lawns so I had a small stash. Made him give it to me as collateral. As soon as he pays me he is welcome to have it back but I expect he never will

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was young in the 50's we use to get baseball cards in a pack on bubble gun (flat sheet). I saved them for a while but I don't have them now....wish I would have kept them.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm in a similar boat . . . I used to collect them like crazy years ago. At one point I had like 5 Michael Jordan rookie cards.

I've gotten rid of most of them, but I do have several older cards from guys who went to OU and OSU . . . debating on what to do with them myself.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a bunch too from early 90's...I sold my mint Hank Aaron card at a flee market as an adolescent, and was really mad at myself as an adult! But I too wonder how best to value any cards that I have? I have a few good ones like Clemens, Canseco, Ripken, etc. I also have an autographed Reggie Jackson 500th homerun limited print poster framed, and various other stuff given to me when I was too young to appreciate the value. I'm not a sports nut so if anyone knows how to truly value this kind of stuff, please recommend a place to take it locally or a good website. Thx

Latest posts

Top Bottom