Baseball/Football/Hockey/Motorcycle Cards

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one? :laughup:

a8533bd41ca13bca4f09956df344e81d.jpg
Yep. I guess that’s the story.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some sports cards from the 80s. I’m finding the most valuable cards overall are less than 100 dollars. Mine are not worth much at all. Actually worth more in the 80s at card shops. When I was a kid, it seemed like so many cards were selling for thousands. A lot of us really thought If we got the best cards then and just held them for long enough, it would pay off. This was 86-93 or so. Sports cards were a big deal then.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have some sports cards from the 80s. I’m finding the most valuable cards overall are less than 100 dollars. Mine are not worth much at all. Actually worth more in the 80s at card shops. When I was a kid, it seemed like so many cards were selling for thousands. A lot of us really thought If we got the best cards then and just held them for long enough, it would pay off. This was 86-93 or so. Sports cards were a big deal then.
Same here. When FIL passed away we got a dozen tins of baseball cards but they were nobody players. He had a few in plastic that were valued at a few bucks. Gave them all to my son that is a sports nut to go through and do what he may with them.
Sadly I remember using Micky Mantle rookie cards on the spokes of my bicycle when a kid along with some Whitey Ford and other great players from the past.
A recent sale of a Mantle rookie card went a tad over 1 million dollars.

Latest posts

Top Bottom