Basic firearms classes through NSU

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas Salmon

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In cooperation with Northeastern State University, Oakley Defense offers the following courses in Tahlequah:
Pistol 1 (Oklahoma concealed carry): August 14-15
Pistol 2 (NRA basic pistol shooting): July 17-18
NRA basic reloading: August 21-22.
Email Tom ([email protected]) call (918-207-7818) or see the NSU CE web site for more info.
https://academics.nsuok.edu/continuingeducation/LeisureSafety/default.aspx
posterus015_1_original.jpeg

Last edited:

Thomas Salmon

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome! Glad to see at least one Oklahoma university isn't totally and rabidly anti-gun!

<Edit> License is misspelled, by the way. You've got "Liscense".

Actually, I was surprised they approved it back in 2017! There's many good people at NSU, but there's probably a few who disagree. Oops, on the misspelling. Too late now—that's a scan of a poster that's already been printed.

Thomas Salmon

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She graduated in 2019.

Wasn't really publicized much, but they also had scholarships available. Don't know if this is still the case. Will check.

I was teaching my pistol and rifle courses at that time and never heard anything about it. I'm unaware of anything now, and I've spoken with the police chief and ROTC. They never mentioned anything.

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

Thomas Salmon

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to the kiddo, according to one of her friends that now works there it is now strictly limited to the ROTC students and is no longer endorsed by the school. :faint:

On a positive note, Eastern Oklahoma University has added shooting sports. http://www.eosc.edu/Articles/easter...mpetitive_shooting_sports_team_this_fall.aspx

That seems odd. I spoke with a sergeant at ROTC last fall, and he didn't mention anything about it. I have posters up around campus advertising my pistol and rifle lessons, but students rarely respond. Thank you for the info about Eastern Oklahoma State College. I'll have to ask around at NSU to see if there might be more interest in promoting shooting sports.

Latest posts

Top Bottom