Basic reloading "how to" get together

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To give everyone an update, Tyromeo and I have put together what should be a great basic beginners handloading class. We visited this weekend and have half of our event planned. The latter half will be put in place probably by the end of this week.

Mods, can we please sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, at least until the first class has been given.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I met with SOCOM last weekend and I think we have an outline of where we want to go with a reloading get together. We have decided to keep the meeting to a maximum of a dozen people. That way we can offer a more one on one atmosphere. If it is not a complete disaster and we have enough interest we will host another!

The first meet will try to cater to the people with the least reloading experience and have goals of…

Basic required bench safety
General cartridge information
Required and optional equipment.
Single, Turret, and progressive presses

When you leave the meeting you should have a good idea of weather you feel comfortable getting into the hobby, the basic fundamentals of reloading, an idea of what kind of press you should start out on, and materials you should buy to get you started. You will still have a lot of reading to do before you reload your first round. But this should be a pretty good jump into reloading.

Tonight, I will begin PM’ing a copy of this post to the people who showed interest here in the thread

If you are still interested and CAN make the date below please PM me back your
-contact info (first name, user name, phone number)
-a description of your current reloading level

There will be NO COST AT ALL. If you have a good time and want to support the site please use the home screen to donate directly to the site that I have no affiliation with other then a patron like you!

*******The date and time will be April 25th @ 11:30 TU area We will make a list of who will be in the first class by skill level. People in the first class will be messaged by the end of the week to give the opportunity to confirm*********

You MUST agree to the rules below……

MY RULES:

With there being so many people I have never met all over the place I don't feel comfortable letting people into my home. All activity will be in my detached garage and back yard. so no bathroom.

Until we get a proper count please understand if I limit the number of people OR limit guests to OSA members only

Any firearms brought onto my property must not be loaded and be subject to inspection and maybe a zip tie. The ONLY exception to this would be to individuals that have a current Conceal Carry license and those people MUST KEEP those firearms concealed at all times PERIOD (I don't want people checking newly loaded rounds in their firearms).

If you act improperly or unsafe you will be ejected Period! If you cry about it, the remaining people in the group will fling poop at you.

No alcohol.

Myself, SOCOM and the SITE (OKshooters) hold NO liability for the event or what you do when you leave the event.

Too much info?

TY-

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK!

The list has been made. I will PM all of those who messaged me by the end of the day today. If you do not get one please let me know.

Ty-

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Today was a great class and an even greater chance to have met everyone who attended the Reloading how to. A huge thanks to Tyromeo55 and his wonderful wife for hosting this event. It was a pleasure to co-teach this class with him.:thumbup3:

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper: Also a great big round of applause for everyone who took the time to come out and hopefully get a much better understanding of a safe reloading technique. If all who attended have further questions please PM either Tyromeo55 or myself. If there is someone leaning towards casting, I would be interested in teaching some basic no how.

Afterwards the host and his family and I went to a late lunch, and we discussed another class for the future. So if some of you good neighbors on our board would like a chance to learn a little more on reloading, or maybe you have thought about it but don't where to start, then there will be another chance in the future.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today was a great class and an even greater chance to have met everyone who attended the Reloading how to. A huge thanks to Tyromeo55 and his wonderful wife for hosting this event. It was a pleasure to co-teach this class with him.:thumbup3:

Great job and thanks SOCOM and Ty. It was great to meet you both as well as the other students. I really appreciate your dedication and enthusiam for passing on your knowledge to the all of us.

:clap3:

scruffy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Tyromeo and SOCOM for putting this together and sharing their knowledge! It was a great time with really good, honest information focused on individual needs; not some cookie cutter "this will work for everyone" approach. Thanks to everyone else who showed up, it was great to meet you and put a name and face to a handle.

For those whose are looking for a book, I went on Amazon.com after the class and the Lee book was going for between $40 and $60! I decided to stop by Lash's to see what they had and I found 6 copies of it for $15.17. They also had the Speer manual we discussed as well as several others.

Thanks again everyone! :clap3:

Latest posts

Top Bottom