Bathroom faucet supply line hook up ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
It does sound hokey on his part, you can find adapters for about anything. However, you are now upgraded to pex and that's a huge plus!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have faucets 10-15 years old and they have standard fittings. PEX is extremely easy to work with, it is flexible, doesn't corrode and just easy to work with. Soem people are fearful of the compression fittings but Ive never had any problems with PEX. I'll take it over copper any day, thie chemicals in the water around here over a period of time will eat through copper and viola! A leak.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to PEX, our RV's plumbing is pretty much nothing but PEX. However, we have had three issues in our RV of fittings blowing out and having water spewing everywhere. The first was the water line going to the toilet and the second was a fitting blowing out on the shower faucets. (Working on that one was as fun as all get-out [sarcasm off]. The third was a leak in the underbelly near where the water lines come into the RV.

Such incidents is why we always turn the water off to the RV anytime we leave the RV park.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend of mine has my squirrel cage fan because of the 3rd leak in a wall from PEX fittings since moving into the house. I think he has been there 2.5 years now.
Yeah my dad had Pex in his house and had two fittings leak inside of 4 years. I wouldn't trust anything but copper. My copper lines have been in place since 1980 and they're still going strong.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 1/2" compression fittings on my sinks.

Plumbers or any other service are not above screwing you ever or just upselling.

I feel like he may have done same upselling, but there is good chance the faucets needed replacing.

Plus side, you get everything new. Cost of replacement while he is already there, is cheaper than calling him back later.

Don't beat yourself up. I am fairly sure you didn't get took.

Just my opinion, but crooks don't stay in business long, before having move on.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some plumber as well as electricians fail to properly do their job. Electricians secured the receptacles in my home with sheet rock screws and the proper screws come with receptacles! Plumbers are supposed to pressurize the water line up to a certain PSI to ensure that it will hold without leaks. I haven't had any problems with PEX in the current home but in my previous home one minor leak under the kitchen sink which I easily put a new "ring" on and never another problem. Copper won't last a lifetime but PEX will. Copper leaking in a concrete slab is not an easy fix and PEX runs the entire run with any connections until it exits the slab. (Actually, whether it's copper or PEX it is buried in the sand beneath the slab.)

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I was really trying to do was get confirmation that the connections for the supply side of bathroom faucets has been standard for like forever and there was really no reason they needed to be replaced.

I'm just about over it now, chalk it up to another lesson learned.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Connections at the faucet end of bathroom sinks are pretty well standardized at 1/2" compression. On the other end (supply end), connections could be either 3/8" compression or 3/8" flare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom