Batteries for .223 Laser Chamber Boresighter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Cabela's Professional Laser Chamber Boresighter Model CB-223, a $70 unit and a friend has a cheaper one made in China bought at a gun show. Both go into the chamber like a shell. Both use # 393 batteries which cost $5.00 to $6.00 each. That means at least $15.00 for a new set of batteries.
I have found that RAYOVAC Number 13 Hearing Aid batteries are a perfect match and you can get a four pack for $3.00 or a six pack for $6.00 in the pharmacy section of Walmart.
The size is identical but the voltage is 1.45 volts where a 393 is 1.5 volts. Not enough to make a difference and works great in mine. May not last as long as they are Mercury and the 393 is Silver but I think well worth the savings.
Different calibers would be different sizes but it would well worth a trip to Walmart to do some size checking and volt checking if you have a different caliber. Voltage is listed on the package.

Hope this helps and saves some money,
ARG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom