Battery Options for Game Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my non-cell cameras, Stealth Cam, I use Enegizer Lithium AA’s and I get about 9 months out of 8 batteries, and that constitutes upwards of 20K pictures over that 9 month period when on feeders with lots of activity. The cams I have on trails that just catch an occasional deer last a full year. That said, the 18 pack of lithium batteries at Sam‘s is now over $36. Running about 7 cams on average tends to get a bit expensive.

Like Dennis, I have one Reveal X cell cam with its own solar charger and never have an issue unless a coon pulls the cord out or the 32 gig SD card gets full. Been running it for coming up on 2 years and plan to add another one this winter.
good too hear i got some Energizer's to put in!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Our first run with a Reveal X has gone pretty well. The camera was set up with bulk batteries from Amazon. We just let it run as a test. I think we’re at about 1500 pics with batteries just recently dropping to 90% and now 70%. I’m going up Thursday to put regular energizers in it. I’ll see how long they run before I go to lithiums.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On my non-cell cameras, Stealth Cam, I use Enegizer Lithium AA’s and I get about 9 months out of 8 batteries, and that constitutes upwards of 20K pictures over that 9 month period when on feeders with lots of activity. The cams I have on trails that just catch an occasional deer last a full year. That said, the 18 pack of lithium batteries at Sam‘s is now over $36. Running about 7 cams on average tends to get a bit expensive.

Like Dennis, I have one Reveal X cell cam with its own solar charger and never have an issue unless a coon pulls the cord out or the 32 gig SD card gets full. Been running it for coming up on 2 years and plan to add another one this winter.
Mine don’t quite last that long but I prefer short videos. That probably takes more battery life.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Where I have sun I use the 12v reveal panels with no issues. Where my cams are in the timber they run off of a 12v lawn mower battery. It's last for two months so far and still showing 100%, and it sends a lot of pics per day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom