Battle Springs Winter Run 'n Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
Anybody headed down to Ardmore from Tulsa area this weekend for the run n gun? Thought we had something on the calendar that would make sense to bring the family down, but it didn't quite work out, and I'm not a huge fan of driving alone early in the morning (or after the 10k for that matter). Let me know if you've got a seat and would be interested in some gas money, or alternatively if you'd like to hitch a ride and provide some conversation and keep me awake. If not, see you there anyway!

cdragen

Marksman
Reaction score
@cdragen Did you make it? What did you think of the new venue?
Yes sir I did. It's quite a bit further than Pawnee for me, but I have to say that the course and the facilities were pretty awesome. I did the 10k course and it was a good mix of terrain and scenery, and the stages were a good mix of practical shooting skills. I missed some of the man-made obstacles (the wall, tangle-foot/barbed wire, etc.) but ultimately thought the course was pretty well put together. I think they already figured this one out, but in the morning they were allowing groups of up to five or maybe even 6 to start together, and eventually they cut it to a max of two starting at the same time, which I believe they said would be added to the rules for next time. They wound up with a ridiculous pile-up at Stage 1 (where the 5k and 10k meet up) that had people waiting in excess of 30 minutes and there was almost an hour that went by at one point without anybody leaving the start, but I think they learned that lesson pretty quick. The next one I go to I'm definitely bringing the family and making a weekend of it at Lake Murray or some other nice camping spot in the area. Lots more to see down there than I expected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom