Baylor Bear COVERUP of Sexual Assault

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As quoted from the article by the Asst VP of Media Communications of Baylor:

Acts of sexual violence contradict every value Baylor University upholds as a caring Christian community. In recent years we have joined university efforts nationally to prevent campus violence against women and sexual assault, to actively support survivors of sexual assault with compassion and care, and to take action against perpetrators. We have established and fully staffed a Title IX office that employs a Title IX Coordinator and two full-time investigators. Maintaining a safe and caring community is central to Baylor’s mission and at the heart of our commitment to our students, faculty and staff. - See more at: http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/#sthash.UX7ok0D0.dpuf

Well, that's good to know! Looks like the really exemplified those standards for the coed who got raped by this guy.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, but, don't you understand it's FOOTBALL!!! Colleges bend over backwards to let in students that have neither the IQ or aptitude to be in college in the first place. Put them in bogus degree plans. Pay coaches more than the presidents of college. Cover up crimes committed by the athletes that play. All in the name of a kids game. The civilized world sits on the edge of total collapse and millions of chowder heads scream for football.

Long Story Short: Barylor freshman defensive end Sam Ukwuachu was kicked off the Boise State football team in 2013 for violence against a female student.
Then he transferred to Baylor and was required to sit out the 2014 season.
Last year he was indicted, on June 25th 2014, for 2 counts of sexual assault against a female Baylor student athlete.

Absolutely nothing from Baylor or the press was ever released.
As recently as 2 months ago he was still projected for extensive playing time to much fanfare.

Yesterday, Aug 20 2015, Sam Ukwuachu was convicted of second degree sexual assault.
He's expected to be sentenced today.

It's actually a lot worse than it sounds but the story is a bit too long to repost here.

http://www.texasmonthly.com/article/silence-at-baylor/

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But, but, don't you understand it's FOOTBALL!!! Colleges bend over backwards to let in students that have neither the IQ or aptitude to be in college in the first place. Put them in bogus degree plans. Pay coaches more than the presidents of college. Cover up crimes committed by the athletes that play. All in the name of a kids game. The civilized world sits on the edge of total collapse and millions of chowder heads scream for football.

Holy whiney cynical post batman!

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a whine, but a rant. An excessive love of sports was one of the symptoms of the decline of the Roman empire. Now I realize we are not Rome, but countries have a life cycle like a living organism. I think that our country is in decline and fear that the shenanigans surrounding College Ball is just symptom of the disease.

Holy whiney cynical post batman!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a whine, but a rant. An excessive love of sports was one of the symptoms of the decline of the Roman empire. Now I realize we are not Rome, but countries have a life cycle like a living organism. I think that our country is in decline and fear that the shenanigans surrounding College Ball is just symptom of the disease.

Haha... You're equating this to fall of Rome? I'm thankful I'm not as pessimistic. Either way, look at the majority of kids that aren't raping, stealing etc. For every Jameis you've got 1000 student athletes going on to live productive lives.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I realize that most of the athletes go on to live normal lives. There is too much money and hero worship tied to the games, and you get situations like this at all levels of college athletics, where crimes big and small are swept under the rug. There is nothing wrong with enjoying sports, but when sports become so important that the athletes are not held to the same standards as the rest of society, that is when it becomes a problem. I don't know how many agree with me, but I look around and see a society that is ill. This incident is just another sign of the illness.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
An excessive love of sports was one of the symptoms of the decline of the Roman empire.

It wasn't so much an excessive love of sports,,,
But a need to entertain the populace with blood-sports.

One reason for the decline of Rome (not the empire, but Rome herself),,,
Was a population who was very divorced from reality,,,
Free bread and circuses gave them that.

They had free bread and circuses,,,
We have welfare and pro football (and other so-called sports).

In my not-so humble opinion,,,
They seem like one and the same.

Keep the populace from outright starvation,,,
Give them something exciting (violent?) to watch and cheer for,,,
And you will have them under your control until the system finally collapses through apathy.

It's okay to beat and assault women in our country,,,
But hunt one mangy old lion!

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom