BB Gun or Air Rifle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I setup a range on the side of my house for something to do and cheap ammo. I've been told before neighbors can complain if they see a gun, but that if you are doing it in a safe manner on your own property it is allowed. Not all air guns are equal though. I would not be shooting a 25cal PCP rifle in a back yard LOL. For many popular CO2 & pump guns, you can get suppressors to keep the neighbors happy. Many of the newer break barrel rifles even come factory with them. I hate pumping anymore and I do not need to spend for PCP so I've been concentrating on CO2 guns...you can actually hack some of the 22cal versions to be humane enough for squirrel & rabbit if you wanted to hunt. Typically CO2 is not the best choice for hunting or pesting but you can significantly increase the power on some guns, especially the crosman 2240, 2250, 2260, 2300, 2400, etc...but right now they are out of a lot of them and the custom shop is closed (was the cheapest way to build a custom carbine) so you'll have to buy a 2240 and convert it.

You can also hack the 1377 & 1322 series guns to your liking if you like to pump (pumps have the most power potential with mods vs CO2). Never shoot steel bb's through a rifled barrel no matter what the gun maker says. I am probably due to make an entry into the official air gun thread.

You're welcome in advance LOL (but it can get costly).

Here is an example of a cool crosman 2240/2250 CO2 carbine someone made:

94b22fa6a5b916a565eb5b0bda30314e.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom