BB gun stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was maybe 8-10 years old and had an old lever action BB gun, it shot so slow you could actually see the BB headed to the target.

Well crap, since it was a lever gun I naturally thought I was a crack shot, dad was leaning against the pickup and I thought I’d put a round next to his leg and hit the pickup.

About the time it was half way there the wind gusted and ol dad got a round in the back of the leg. Oh you talk about a pi_ _ed off 300 pound dad that was him. Rightly so, I didn’t see that gun until years later, and dang sure had a hard time sitting at the dinner table that night.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was maybe 8-10 years old and had an old lever action BB gun, it shot so slow you could actually see the BB headed to the target.

Well crap, since it was a lever gun I naturally thought I was a crack shot, dad was leaning against the pickup and I thought I’d put a round next to his leg and hit the pickup.

About the time it was half way there the wind gusted and ol dad got a round in the back of the leg. Oh you talk about a pi_ _ed off 300 pound dad that was him. Rightly so, I didn’t see that gun until years later, and dang sure had a hard time sitting at the dinner table that night.
Amazing how smart you can get when the smarts are applied in a different spot.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didja know dairy bull's balls are sensitive? Just ask my friend Robert Y. I also found out that day I had magical powers being able to run straight through a 6 strand barbed wire fence. Oh, I got sliced up alright and I still have the scars but the real motivation was a sore balled 2,000 pound bull. Robert's dad saw our plight and ran after that sucker with a great big flat headed screwdriver. We fessed up and I was kinda banished from his farm for a while. Robert never told me his punishment. I never asked.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ah yes… so many memories. My pals and I did it all with BB guns as kids. Piles of dead starlings and sparrows. We also used to love shooting those woodbees that buzzed around the barns. It is was so fun shooting them out of the air when they pause to hover!

Another thing we would do is play with those plastic army men and have wars, and take turns shooting them down with a BB gun. I learned about ricochets that way. I went to shoot a soldier out of the back of a metal Tonka truck, and it ricocheted and broke the back glass out of my friends dad’s truck! Oops. Lots of BB gun memories

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also learned that a BB gun was a motivator to get a bull to it's destination, the barn. I got mad at the bull and popped it with a bb in it's balls. The bull made a mad dash to the barn just like it was supposed to do. The next time, all I had to do was walk close to the bull and cock the gun and it went to the barn. It reached the point to were all I had to do was to show myself to the bull and cock the gun to get him to the barn. I was lucky and the bull was smart and no one knew what a stupid thing I did. If I got popped in the nuts, I would be running to the barn too crying and screaming.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first projectile weapon was a Daisy Red Rider, identical to Ralphie’s rifle in A Christmas Story. I was probably 8. I stalked a lot of big game in my back yard with that gun, wearing the coin skin cap my dad made me. No, I didn’t shoot my eye out. Despite my best efforts, I don’t think I ever managed to kill or even seriously injure anything with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom