BB gun stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One Summer for 2-1/2 months we used them as Paint Ball Guns are used today. No pellet Rifles, only cock and shoot one pump.

We had a RR Track that went through and we started playing war with them, boots, helmet of some sorts, heavy coat and jeans. Started out my 3 brothers and two cousins and grew to 9- 10 on each team from neighbors on the next two farms. Ages 7 to 15/16. Two Rules. No head shots, no shots within 10 feet. It was a blast till the man who raised us, he was biological Father to the youngest Brother. He was too young to play.

Another team was charging us over the RR Tracks and there he set on his horse. He got off, everyone stopped. He said everyone come here. We all gathered around, one by one he broke every one of the 14-15 BB Guns in half and ruined em. Told the other boys go home and tell there Parents what he did. Told my two cousins, 3 bothers and I to run to the barn a mile away through the woods. After he exercised his Roping Horse, he came to the barn, cared for his horse. Then whipped the **** out of us and cousins and never said a word. Hour later Mom called us for Supper.

That’s my BB Gun Story.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back as a kid, my aunt had a hotel in Wright City, OK. I was spending the day with my grandmother, who owned the cafe nearby. Somehow I met a kid my age and we buddied up for the day. We went in the hotel, his mother was at the end of the hall bent over cleaning the floor. He said “Watch this”, and fired a shot down the hall. At this point everything went into slow motion. I watched in horror as the BB sailed down the hall in a beautiful backlit trajectory, bounced off the top of her head and punched a neat hole through the screen door. She grabs her head, screams in a volume that caused local cows to go dry, looks up and sees the kid with the BB gun. Now I’m sure she was normally an average sized woman, but as she stood up she completely filled the hallway. I mean she was wall to wall and floor to ceiling huge. She began a slow motion charge, every step booming on the wooden floor, along with a blood curling continuous scream. Kid was rooted in total fear, as bad as he wanted them to work, his feet might as well have been glued to the floor. I finally managed to exit the hotel, while hearing the sound of a BB gun being used as a paddle, and kid and his mom both screaming.
Never knew if he survived or not. I was probably 8 or 9 at the time.

enuf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To tell on myself - it would have been the early 70's, my dad's favorite cars were the 55 & 56 Chevy. He was not a custom car guy, but he just liked those models. He had one that was his driver and had two more he kept in the back (acreage, not in town) as parts cars and one of them he was slowly piddling with to fix back up. I had just somehow managed to watch a shoot'em up movie where they riddled a car with bullets, maybe a Bonnie and Clyde, don't remember. But I do remember convincing my buddy it was ok to shoot all the glass and lights out of those two cars. Bad-bad decision.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our thing as kids was to each have the same number of plastic army soldiers,,,
Then we would place them out on a dirt bank.

The first person to shoot all the other guys soldiers won that battle,,,
We neighborhood boys could spend an entire day,,,
Setting up armies and navies at the creek.

That's why I wanted a regular BB rifle for Christmas that year,,,
Something that I could afford to shoot a lot on my meager dollar/week allowance,,,
Instead of that very nice (but expensive and slow to shoot) Crossman .22 caliber pellet rifle.

My Pop was furious when I asked him if we could return it,,,
In exchange for a Red Ryder or Spittin' Image Daisy.

Even though I lobbied for an inexpensive Red Ryder for months,,,
Dad made the decision to buy the Crossman instead.

That Yule I was the most ungrateful son ever born to mankind.

Many years later we were talking about it,,,
He admitted that he bought the Crossman more for him than for me.

I mean I loved the fact that the Crossman would actually kill a rabbit or a squirrel...
What I didn't love was the relatively high cost of a 250 pellet tin.

I could buy 500 BB's for 50-cents,,,
That tin of pellets was two and a half bucks,,,
That was just a little more than 2-weeks allowance for me.

I got some cash from the Grandparents that year,,,
So I was able to buy a used Daisy at the local surplus store.

That Crossman was truly a great pellet rifle though,,,
Pump it the maximum of 8 pumps and it would drop squirrels easily,,,
And was pinpoint accurate on paper targets from a rest out to about 35 yards.

It lasted through me and both my younger brothers,,,
Probably would have lasted until today if my youngest brother wouldn't have left it in a barn to rust solid.

Now I own two Daisy Spittin' Image "Cowboy" rifles,,,
I actually have as much fun with them as I do with my rimfire rifles.

During the summer I sit out in the shade of my walnut tree,,,
Drinking beer and popping the huge grasshoppers we breed here in Okie-Land.

I have two rifles because I have two friends,,,
Who also enjoy drinking beer and hunting insects.

BB guns are good for training and all that,,,
But I do believe they were invented just for pure fun!

Aarond

Latest posts

Top Bottom