BB guns / pump action pellet guns in lawton oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ace shot

New to the site!
Reaction score
Hi I have a question I have a 4.5 mm co2 bb gun and I need to know if it is illegal to carry it onme for my protection or have it in my truck and I also would like to know if it is illegal to shoot it in my back or front yard shooting at my targetscan any one please let me know so I doing getin trouble for carring it or shooting it at homeone is a pump action pellet gun and the other one is a co2 bb gun can any one help me find out my questions
1484637024001-1159492605-jpg.82891
1484637071159-1523172615-jpg.82892

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can make a backstop by hanging a canvas curtain in a cardboard box for BB's and shoot inside your house or garage.
you can buy a metal pellet trap cheap. just don't shoot BB's at it as they will bounce back at you.
most cities have laws regarding shooting airguns outside. I'm sure Lawton does.
carrying a pellet pistol on your person is a bad idea.
a lot of kids get shot by cops thinking its a real gun.
if your under age, it's a bad idea. If your of legal age, get a license to carry and a real gun.
if your a prohibited person the police will probably treat it as a real gun.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lawton City Code:

16-4-4-466 - Discharging firearms and other dangerous weapons—Exception.
A. No person shall discharge any firearm, rifle, CO2 gun, air gun, BB gun, or slingshot.

B. This section shall not apply to the following circumstances:

1. In necessary self-defense of persons or property;

2. A law enforcement officer in the performance of his duty;

3. For the purpose of target shooting or practice on a range operated by qualified personnel; qualified personnel shall consist of either a certified firearms safety instructor, rifle or pistol marksmanship instructor certified by the National Rifle Association, or person designated by a rifle or pistol club, public or private school or military agency;

4. For the purpose of target shooting on private premises with air, spring or CO2 operated BB, pellet guns or slingshots if:

a. The target area is enclosed in such manner and with materials that will stop the projectiles;

b. Such target shooting is supervised by an adult at all times; and

c. Any safety precautions recommended by the chief of police are complied with.

5. In an area recommended as a hunting area by the state and approved by the chief of police. Such area shall be posted as required by the chief of police and may be closed at any time by the chief of police;

6. Where a permit is issued by the chief of police; or

7. Any military exercise or parade.

https://www.municode.com/library/search?stateId=36&clientId=2980&searchText=gun&contentTypeId=CODES

That said, I don't see any upside to carrying a gun that looks like it could be lethal just to be carrying a BB or pellet gun. Too much opportunity for things to go badly for you from someone thinking it was real.

Ace shot

New to the site!
Reaction score
OK so if Lawton has a open carry law I still can't carry it with me for protection even if I get a real gun ? do I have to have a license for both because here in Lawton I doint feel safe out and about with all the shootings and killing that have Benn going on lately and I want to make shur my family is protected to

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would first suggest you go to your city's website and see if they have a list of municipal ordinances. If they do, you could get you answer there.

If not, contact your local PD about the ordinances.

For legal answers where you act on the advice of "they said I could" could result in some trouble. Get the ordinance or state law and be able to reference it if needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom