BBQ in Norman ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's going to be new BBQ joint in Norman real soon, I think it was due for a soft opening Fri 4/8 but pretty sure it was pushed back to sometime next week-maybe? Anyway it's called Bibbs Smokehouse and Catering. The location is going to be challenging for anything, especially a restaurant without a broad menu, it's out by the lake or located at 10810 Alameda Dr (108th & Alameda aka Denver corner), it's right down the street for me. There's plenty of traffic during the lake season, but pretty isolated the rest of the year. Below is a link to their website, I hope they can survive a location that has never had much success.

link here

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't enjoy hot stuff just never have. To me you shouldn't have to put seasoning and bunch of stuff on bbq to make it taste good. Rudy's is covered up with pepper and rub. I know it's an insult in Texas if you put sauce on there bbq.

Lots of Seasoning and smoke is literally the definition of BBQ lol....

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brush Creek over West of Tri-City is pretty good.

Church in the front, batting cages in the back and barbecue in the middle. Ambiance is about what you’d expect for a location like I just described, but I’m there for the Q.

Large portions of meat. Ribs are good, and don’t just fall off the bone, which is nice. Sides are pretty decent, with okra & Au gratin potatoes being my faves.

It ain’t cheap, but I never had cheap bar-b-que that was good.

Someone mentioned Jake’s in Chickasha. If you like sausage, smoked bologna and way too many French fries, Jake’s is your place. The brisket & ribs are terrible. Awful. They boil their ribs. That ain’t barbecue. No bark and the brisket is tough and fatty. The sausage & bologna are pretty good though, and an order of fries is an entire fry basket full of curly fries. If you like fries, it should be your go to. Barbecue, not so much.

Last edited:

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's going to be new BBQ joint in Norman real soon, I think it was due for a soft opening Fri 4/8 but pretty sure it was pushed back to sometime next week-maybe? Anyway it's called Bibbs Smokehouse and Catering. The location is going to be challenging for anything, especially a restaurant without a broad menu, it's out by the lake or located at 10810 Alameda Dr (108th & Alameda aka Denver corner), it's right down the street for me. There's plenty of traffic during the lake season, but pretty isolated the rest of the year. Below is a link to their website, I hope they can survive a location that has never had much success.

link here

Will give this a go this summer.

Looks promising.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brush Creek over West of Tri-City is pretty good.

Church in the front, batting cages in the back and barbecue in the middle. Ambiance is about what you’d expect for a location like I just described, but I’m there for the Q.

Large portions of meat. Ribs are good, and don’t just fall off the bone, which is nice. Sides are pretty decent, with okra & Au gratin potatoes being my faves.

It ain’t cheap, but I never had cheap bar-b-que that was good.

Someone mentioned Jake’s in Chickasha. If you like sausage, smoked bologna and way too many French fries, Jake’s is your place. The brisket & ribs are terrible. Awful. They boil their ribs. That ain’t barbecue. No bark and the brisket is tough and fatty. The sausage & bologna are pretty good though, and an order of fries is an entire fry basket full of curly fries. If you like fries, it should be your go to. Barbecue, not so much.
How does Brush Creek compare to KT's or the Saucy Pig(yes, I know about it)? We tried Creek Bottom which is closer to Tri-City and didn't care for it at all. There's a personal reason for not going to Brush Creek but good to know the BBQ ain't bad.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does Brush Creek compare to KT's or the Saucy Pig(yes, I know about it)? We tried Creek Bottom which is closer to Tri-City and didn't care for it at all. There's a personal reason for not going to Brush Creek but good to know the BBQ ain't bad.

I think it is better than KT’s.

I haven’t snagged anything from the Saucy Pig yet. Never by there at lunch time. Need to try a sammich and see if it’s worth a full take out order.

Where is Creek Bottom?

Personal issue with ownership?

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is better than KT’s.

I haven’t snagged anything from the Saucy Pig yet. Never by there at lunch time. Need to try a sammich and see if it’s worth a full take out order.

Where is Creek Bottom?

Personal issue with ownership?
Creek Bottom is a small place by the Focus Credit Union and Autozone.

Yes, personal issue with ownership. I grew up in Newcastle along with the owner's kids and all went to church together when growing up. There was a falling out many, many years ago but since it was against my parents then I, too, hold the same animosity.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Creek Bottom is a small place by the Focus Credit Union and Autozone.

Yes, personal issue with ownership. I grew up in Newcastle along with the owner's kids and all went to church together when growing up. There was a falling out many, many years ago but since it was against my parents then I, too, hold the same animosity.

Understand. It’s a small town, it’s not uncommon. It happens, to most if not all of us that live in small town USA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom