BCA 6.5 GRENDEL AT RANGE

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have yet to get my BCA barreled gun to the range. Is there a local source for the wolf ammo?

It's a pain finding any 6.5 Grendel on the shelves. I was hoping to stock up on Hornady Black when Academy was clearing out that line; Got loads of creedmoor but no Grendel to be found. I usually buy all my ammo online whenever there's a free shipping + % off from Brownells. If I'm in a pinch I usually get it from SGA since shipping is literally next day.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something worth noting. That scope is listed as having a BDC reticle, not a MIL or MOA reticle so you will have to figure out what each hold over mark corresponds to with whatever load your shooting since they aren't evenly spaced.

I ran a ballpark calc and if you zero'd at 50 yards, assuming 0.4BC and ~2600fps you would still need to come down ~1 MOA to be POA/POI at 100 yards. After that you'd go back to having to hold over about 3 MOA per 100 yards out.

The paperwork with scope says it’s calibrated for 2,4,6,8 MOA?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
It's a pain finding any 6.5 Grendel on the shelves. I was hoping to stock up on Hornady Black when Academy was clearing out that line; Got loads of creedmoor but no Grendel to be found. I usually buy all my ammo online whenever there's a free shipping + % off from Brownells. If I'm in a pinch I usually get it from SGA since shipping is literally next day.
I got a couple boxes of the black at academy. I just want enough to start reloading. I’d like 100 rounds or so. I think it was 19.95 at academy

Latest posts

Top Bottom