BCM Mid-length Love

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A while back I sold a Keltec RDB, and kept the PA 1-6 scope I had mounted on it. I had a 1x Spitfire AR mounted on my BCM, and yesterday I pulled it and mounted the PA scope. It's a Gen III Primary Arms scope with the KISS reticle, and I'm mounting it with an Aero Precision Ultralight mount. After letting the thread locker set up over night, I took it out this morning to see how it performed.

I decided to go with a 50 yd zero, since that's about the farthest I can shoot here at the house. A look down the bore confirmed that I'd be on paper with the first shot, so I fired three shots just to get an idea of what was what. To my pleasant surprise, the group was 1.5" left and dead nut on elevation. Better still, the group was under .5" After an adjustment and a tweak, things got boring. I was using a Shoot N C bullseye target, and after drilling the bull for a while I started shooting at the ring numbers. Granted it was at 50 yards, but still a ton of fun.

The rifle is a stock BCM mid-length with hammer forged lightweight barrel with a FSB, to which I installed a Midwest Industries drop in MLOK handguard. The lower has the PNT trigger, which I'm starting to really appreciate. The ammo used today was IWI M855; I need to grab some more, because it's been pretty consistent for me.

After the last week of stress, frustration and sadness, it was nice to just go out and punch holes in some paper. I don't typically name my rifles, but from now on the BCM will be known as Dana.

pa1-6x24sfp-kiss_08.jpg

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice, amazing what shooting can do for our nerves. I have a few friends running the Viortex equivalent and they love them. I am running a M4 Aimpoint but have been thinking about trying one and your post is just another push to try.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BCM makes quality stuff. I had a 20" BCM upper that shot a 25 round ragged hole about the size of a quarter, and i was shooting it as fast as i could get back on target. that was to zero the scope and 50 yards at wilshire range.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took Dana out again the last two days. I set up two 8" AR500 targets at 50yds, and one at 10 yards. All I did was practice transitioning from rifle to my G17, but I had a good time. Nothing too fast, just focusing on accuracy and manipulation. The only problem I experienced was a couple of stovepipes in the G17. They happened when I swapped over to a Magpul magazine (still in the package) which I found in the back of the closet. I bought a few of them right after they were released, and I seem to remember that there were problems with an early batch or two. No big deal, since I have plenty of OEM mags.

Dana ran like a sewing machine, and I'm still digging the scope. I'd like to get it on a 300yd range sometime, and see how it performs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom