BDC range 1/30/17

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stopped by BDC today with the 1911 and Ruger 22/45. I also tried an experiment.
First picture was of two identical Walmart reading glasses. One was far +1.25 Rx and the other was close +2.50 Rx. I took the lense from one and exchanged with the same on the other I then had on pair with the left lense (non dominant far +1.25 Rx) and the right (dominant +2.25 Rx). Hard to get use to but allowed me to see hits and front sight clearly.
Although the results weren't great, it did convince me that I need prescription shooting glasses made for shooting. I think the center part of the lense will be for the front site.
I could tell a difference with having the ability to see the front site. Problem is with target selection and not having a defined red dot to aim at. The misses were where the red dot was but think those shots will be much better with a different target.
Picture one is my Glasses with lenses exchanged. Second is the 1st shots with 1911 at 10 yards (and glasses). Third picture is running several mags at same distance at different target. Fourth is Ruger 22/45 10 yards. Glasses 1.JPG BDC 1911 10yds 1.JPG BDC 1911 10 yards 2.JPG BDC ruger 10 yads. 1.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom