Be wary of using credit cards for any firearm or related purchases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many vendors take Paypal. I'm not sure if Paypal has a policy against using them for firearm purchases, but I think I remember hearing they do. I don't know if that would extend to accessories as well. If you kept money in your Paypal account and you used it to pay directly to the vendor, would Paypal be coding those type of transactions? If they are prohibited by policy it seems like a similar service to Paypal could be set up that did not track purchases. Money transfer apps seem to pop up all the time these days.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many vendors take Paypal. I'm not sure if Paypal has a policy against using them for firearm purchases, but I think I remember hearing they do. I don't know if that would extend to accessories as well. If you kept money in your Paypal account and you used it to pay directly to the vendor, would Paypal be coding those type of transactions? If they are prohibited by policy it seems like a similar service to Paypal could be set up that did not track purchases. Money transfer apps seem to pop up all the time these days.
While many folks have used PayPal FF to pay for gun-related items it is definitely against their terms of agreement.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His only misread in his analysis was saying stockholders reacted and Visa stocks dropped over 3%. The entire marked dropped over 3% yesterday. Visa was just along for the ride.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is some information about MCC's and how they can affect certain purchases: Merchant Category Codes for payment processing

https://merchantcostconsulting.com/...nt-category-codes-mcc-for-payment-processing/
According to the information provided, some credit processing entities and banks may consider certain categories of MCC as being prohibitive (not accepted for processing), or subject to higher processing fees :censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom