Beans and cornbread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting here in front of this thing and I got a wiff a minute ago of a familiar good smell coming from the kitchen.

With it being cold, rainy and windy outside I guess mama figured that I'd appreciate a big bowl of beans and cornbread for supper......Gawd I Love That Woman !!

View attachment 145308

I'm down with the beans, fried taters and onions, But I'll take the honey's fresh made yeast rolls with it instead of cornbread..

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sometimes put pieces of leftover ham scraps in a pot of pinto beans, but I love some of that cajun Andoille (spelling?) sausage.

I just cut some of that cajun sausage up in little chunks and throw it in with the pinto beans. Add some garlic too.
And sometimes after the beans have been cooking for a while, if they need more water, I will just add a can of Rotel or Hatch brand tomatoes and peppers instead.

Y'all have got me thinking about trying just a bit of horseradish in my pinto beans too.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get this at the “Cash Saver” grocery store on Vandament in Yukon. I imagine the other locations of this bargain supermarket carry it too. They also make a mild version if you casn’t abide the heat. Best chow-chow in a jar I’ve found. Good on beans, hot dogs, and of course...Hot Links. (Braums; if you’re near one...
a5f072c129b8a172387cd685b36740db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was just reading that Roger's Meat Market menu. Says that they have chow chow also. Might be worth a try.

Latest posts

Top Bottom