Bear Creek barrels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't had a issue with any BC barrels that I have purchased individually or as complete uppers. Though I'm partial to carbine length and have only one rifle length barrel from them. Only had one that had a feeding issue, it had a little rough machining that I polished up problem solved. That barrel was listed as a blemished barrel when I bought it so expected may have issues. Accuracy has been acceptable(1 MOA or less) with several holding tight groups with my reloads. Have two .556 that will consistently place them slightly overlapping same hole at 100yds if I do my part. I have a 300BO that I built on a OSA lower that I have only test fired for break in and had flawless function. Have new optics for it but haven't got around to installing and really testing accuracy. This has been my honest experience though I know others who claimed to have issues.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one I’m looking at, for the price and no b****** given probably order it.
I’ve never ran a carbine length gas system on 300, always pistol but of course barrels where for pistols.

300 Blackout, 16" 416R Stainless Black Nitride Bear Claw Fluted Heavy Barrel, 1:8 Twist, Carbine Length Gas System​

165523A1-F736-4163-AED7-54A8ABD16387.jpeg

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the one I’m looking at, for the price and no b****** given probably order it.
I’ve never ran a carbine length gas system on 300, always pistol but of course barrels where for pistols.

300 Blackout, 16" 416R Stainless Black Nitride Bear Claw Fluted Heavy Barrel, 1:8 Twist, Carbine Length Gas System​

View attachment 283326
Like the looks! In 300B0 and some may disagree with me but carbine length in my opinion is max length. My son bought a rifle length barrel and had cycle issues from the get go. Increasing the gas port size alleviated the issue except reduced loads wouldn't cycle. It wasn't a BC barrel don't remember the brand. I would rather be over gassed than under. You can always install adjustable gas block to reduce but trying to get more sometimes can be a issue.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like the looks! In 300B0 and some may disagree with me but carbine length in my opinion is max length. My son bought a rifle length barrel and had cycle issues from the get go. Increasing the gas port size alleviated the issue except reduced loads wouldn't cycle. It wasn't a BC barrel don't remember the brand. I would rather be over gassed than under. You can always install adjustable gas block to reduce but trying to get more sometimes can be a issue.
Yeah I’ve had some guys use rifle length gas systems, not sure even where they got the barrels, but they take a lot of fine tuning to run right.
Had one we opened up 3 times the size of the original hole and it finally would cycle properly lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom