Bear in Creek County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0435.JPG
View attachment 162426
IMG_0435.JPG
View attachment 162426
IMG_0435.JPG

I have some land in south Creek county where we run cameras year round. Checking the cameras it appears that in mid April a bear paid us a visit. Needless to say we are pretty excited. We never expected to see a bear on this farm. Anyone else have some unexpected bear visitations? The game ranger said bears are extending their range in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have some land in south Creek county where we run cameras year round. Checking the cameras it appears that in mid April a bear paid us a visit. There are three clear daytime pics around one feeder and about a quarter of a mile away we have another pic of him crossing a food plot. All on the same day. Needless to say we are pretty excited. We never expected to see a bear on this farm. Anyone else have some unexpected bear visitations? The game ranger said bears are extending their range in Oklahoma.

I don't know how to post pics on this forum. However we did send the game ranger the pics which he said he would get to all of the right hands.
In the post edit box, click "upload a picture"
I'd like to see this pic.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 162427 View attachment 162425 View attachment 162426 View attachment 162425 View attachment 162426 View attachment 162425

I have some land in south Creek county where we run cameras year round. Checking the cameras it appears that in mid April a bear paid us a visit. Needless to say we are pretty excited. We never expected to see a bear on this farm. Anyone else have some unexpected bear visitations? The game ranger said bears are extending their range in Oklahoma.

I have game camera pics of a bear in Seminole County. It was in August of 2012 or so if I remember correctly.

bear.JPG

Last edited:

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A year or two back, a young (3/4 grown?) black bear was spotted a couple of times in Fannin County, TX (southeast of Durant, OK). One video clip made the local news.

It stuck with me because my Sis lives down that way. :D

Hmmm... I wonder if they'd eat feral piglets.
:drunk2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black bears have been well known here in OK forever. I saw what I took to be a dead grizzly years ago on the side of the road on a backroad in Pontotoc County. It was the same brown color and I thought maybe it was a big dog, then I saw the claws and realized it wasn't any kind of dog I'd ever seen. At the time, I didn't realize they were not "supposed" to be in OK, or I would have taken a picture or something - but then, this was well before cell phone cameras.

Also saw a mountain lion up by Konawa about the same timeframe, back when they were still denying their existence in OK.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Black bears have been well known here in OK forever. I saw what I took to be a dead grizzly years ago on the side of the road on a backroad in Pontotoc County. It was the same brown color and I thought maybe it was a big dog, then I saw the claws and realized it wasn't any kind of dog I'd ever seen. At the time, I didn't realize they were not "supposed" to be in OK, or I would have taken a picture or something - but then, this was well before cell phone cameras.

Also saw a mountain lion up by Konawa about the same timeframe, back when they were still denying their existence in OK.

Ok, I just did some more research. Maybe it wasn't a grizzly I saw dead, I was going by the reddish-brown color, but apparently there is a subspecies of black bear called a Cinnamon bear? Is that what this thing is?

Latest posts

Top Bottom