Bear in Creek County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wildlife man says "that ain't no bear. That's a pic of a house cat from a bad angle and perspective."

Had a close encounter with this "black bear" in 2013..Colorado. Saw several that summer and none were black. All some phase from dark brown to this blondie.
IMG_3386.JPG

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wildlife man says "that ain't no bear. That's a pic of a house cat from a bad angle and perspective."

Had a close encounter with this "black bear" in 2013..Colorado. Saw several that summer and none were black. All some phase from dark brown to this blondie.
View attachment 162500

Beautiful!

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:
The ranger called and wants to go out to my farm and inspect the areas the pics were taken. He wants to try and determine the size of the bear (he said it looks like a big one) and probably look for for sign. He also wants to verify the pics are legitimate as he says they receive false information frequently. I have two more pics I couldn't get to upload on this thread. It should be interesting to hear what he has to say.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Update:
The ranger called and wants to go out to my farm and inspect the areas the pics were taken. He wants to try and determine the size of the bear (he said it looks like a big one) and probably look for for sign. He also wants to verify the pics are legitimate as he says they receive false information frequently. I have two more pics I couldn't get to upload on this thread. It should be interesting to hear what he has to say.

I'll be really interested to hear his report!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update:
Before he comes out you should take an old pair of shredded jeans and an old boot out there to "find". Lol

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We set up tents to camp in AR 25 years ago and later the ranger came with a trailer trap and I went and ask what he was doing and he told me there was a bear in the area they wanted to catch for whatever reason so hes setting up a bear trap 50 yards from my tent! Crap I never saw it but bet your butt I was on the lookout the entire weekend.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We set up tents to camp in AR 25 years ago and later the ranger came with a trailer trap and I went and ask what he was doing and he told me there was a bear in the area they wanted to catch for whatever reason so hes setting up a bear trap 50 yards from my tent! Crap I never saw it but bet your butt I was on the lookout the entire weekend.
Ha! Sounds like he was using you for bait... :D
:drunk2:

Latest posts

Top Bottom