Bear Pistol For My Son Has Arrived

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is an avid hiker in areas throughout the 4 state area. Recently he commented he sometimes carries bear spray fr protection. Well dad believes THAT can also be a receipt for fatal disaster too. Being a firearms guy I told him to get himself a hand gun for bears.
After an afternoon of reading about bear encounters while carrying a hand gun it was obvious to me he needed something more than the 9 mm.
I have a 357 revolver but will never get rid of it, so the articles I read said a great substitute for the 44mag was a 15 shot 10mm semi auto with 200 grain “bear” loads.
Further reading led me to the very popular Springfield Arms pistol pictured below. The gun comes with an excellent red dot an 2 15 round mags. This should put dad a little more at ease now.
He is perfectly capable of buying his own handgun as he has a Glock 9 mm for protection at home. That said I wanted to gift him this as a reminder the old man loves❤️ him and he is now equipped to continue something he really loves while being safe in doing it.
This is the best $800 bucks out the door I’ve spent in a long time. Gun guys, we see protection differently that most folks 👌😉😁😁
Good for you dad, 🙏 now for the trick on convincing him to carry it when he goes out. No question in my mind that if I was in the same area as your son for me to carry a larger firearm for protection. BUT!! like some one here has already said, one is none, two is one, I believe I would be carrying both, the can of bear spray as well as a adequate firearm.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a holster recommendation? I’m thinking possibly a chest holster
Kenai chest holster works well for the wife and I. They will make it for any model with light mounted etc. The model I have will fit everything from. GLOCK 26 to a GLOCK 40 with retention. They are pretty well made and they have updated the mag pouch which originally sucked. I almost lost several mags with it.

Regards,

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My son is an avid hiker in areas throughout the 4 state area. Recently he commented he sometimes carries bear spray fr protection. Well dad believes THAT can also be a receipt for fatal disaster too. Being a firearms guy I told him to get himself a hand gun for bears.
After an afternoon of reading about bear encounters while carrying a hand gun it was obvious to me he needed something more than the 9 mm.
I have a 357 revolver but will never get rid of it, so the articles I read said a great substitute for the 44mag was a 15 shot 10mm semi auto with 200 grain “bear” loads.
Further reading led me to the very popular Springfield Arms pistol pictured below. The gun comes with an excellent red dot an 2 15 round mags. This should put dad a little more at ease now.
He is perfectly capable of buying his own handgun as he has a Glock 9 mm for protection at home. That said I wanted to gift him this as a reminder the old man loves❤️ him and he is now equipped to continue something he really loves while being safe in doing it.
This is the best $800 bucks out the door I’ve spent in a long time. Gun guys, we see protection differently that most folks 👌😉😁😁
Thanks dad, when should I expect to receive this?

Latest posts

Top Bottom