Bear siting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sitting by the river in Durango, Colorado and had a bear walk by 50' away! Hell ya!
First bear in 15 years!
On way to Ouray for the annual keeping trip.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of bears in Durango this year. My parents lease a house for 6 weeks every year at Vallecito Lake. Dad has had 3 cams out this year. Every night around 4am there was a bear on cam. There is a sow and two cubs and a big boar that comes around. They had to euthanize two on the other side of the lake a couple weeks ago.
Ouray is beautiful! Had to talk my wife into making the drive up from Durango. She loved Box Canyon.
https://durangoherald.com/articles/171808

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0524.PNG
These were taken while we were there. Dad has gotten many more since.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of bears in Durango this year. My parents lease a house for 6 weeks every year at Vallecito Lake. Dad has had 3 cams out this year. Every night around 4am there was a bear on cam. There is a sow and two cubs and a big boar that comes around. They had to euthanize two on the other side of the lake a couple weeks ago.
Ouray is beautiful! Had to talk my wife into making the drive up from Durango. She loved Box Canyon.

Please, tell us more about Box Canyon. Is that an actual canyon or a business or what?

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Box Canyon is a real canyon. There is an area that the water twists down two narrow levels of the canyon. The amount of water and power coming through there is amazing. There is an elevated walkway that gets you to the tightest place. It's pretty impressive.
The hike up to it involves some good shoes and a some effort.
th

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Ouray is the actual town they always show on the new Netflix sitcom "the Ranch".........

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Durango in March for Spring Break with the kids; wife gets out of nursing school next week, and wants to go somewhere before she starts work. The kids are politicking to go back to Durango - fine by me. Guess we'll have to hike this time, rather than go tubing at the ski slopes. Pretty country.

Latest posts

Top Bottom