Beavers Bend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made my way over to Beavers Bend with the family this weekend. The area is getting very busy on the weekends but I didn't see too many fishing this time.

I'd recommend it for those who haven't been.

IMG_1001.JPG

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
nice! I love fishing that place.
We were there the day the evening hole took the first hit with floods that altered everything the ODW had put in. Had to evacuate the camp ground in the middle of the night.
It got hit harder this last year.
Is the evening hole still there? Were you fly fishing?

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nice! I love fishing that place.
We were there the day the evening hole took the first hit with floods that altered everything the ODW had put in. Had to evacuate the camp ground in the middle of the night.
It got hit harder this last year.
Is the evening hole still there? Were you fly fishing?

I'm not sure about the evening hole. There's still a quite a bit of construction going on.
I wasn't fly fishing but my wife is dying to learn how. I guess I better take advantage of that. We were just fishing off the old concrete dock below the restaurant. It's easy for the kids and fishing was good.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was planning a Colorado trip for next week but may go to LMF instead. I heard the fishing has been good lately.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was planning a Colorado trip for next week but may go to LMF instead. I heard the fishing has been good lately.
Personally, I would go to Colorado if for nothing more than to beat the heat and see something new. Nothing beats life above 10,000 feet, nothing. Either way, hope you enjoy the time away.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Personally, I would go to Colorado if for nothing more than to beat the heat and see something new. Nothing beats life above 10,000 feet, nothing. Either way, hope you enjoy the time away.
Yes..... you can fish some of the premier trout streams for native trout and not stockers like the LMF.
I love going to the LMF, but getting the opportunity for native trout is an attraction for me as well as the cooler weather that you mentioned. That's important this time of year.

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
May still go to CO. if we aren't to busy at the shop. The flows and water clarity are improving daily.
The Rio Grande near South Fork is calling my name. But I would drive less and spend less at the LMF.

Coltcombat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little late to this post i know.. Went Memorial day weekend and fished spillway creek, and dabbeled around evening hole a little bit. Had my 4 kids, an nephews with me so imagine how that went. I was a masterbaiter that day haha. Was there for 4 days, i got to sneak off one morning by my lonesome and tore em up. I tend to hit blue river more during actual trout season, however it doent get more beautiful than LMF/Beaver Bend in this state imo. Check out the link below, has some good information on it, and some really cool/nice anglers on there. Meet up with a few guys and talked fishing and the way of the river. Good times and tight lines guys.

http://beaversbendflyshop.proboards.com/

SnowCamo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little late to this post i know.. Went Memorial day weekend and fished spillway creek, and dabbeled around evening hole a little bit. Had my 4 kids, an nephews with me so imagine how that went. I was a masterbaiter that day haha. Was there for 4 days, i got to sneak off one morning by my lonesome and tore em up. I tend to hit blue river more during actual trout season, however it doent get more beautiful than LMF/Beaver Bend in this state imo. Check out the link below, has some good information on it, and some really cool/nice anglers on there. Meet up with a few guys and talked fishing and the way of the river. Good times and tight lines guys.

http://beaversbendflyshop.proboards.com/

Blue River is usually my spot as well. Smaller fish but a shorter drive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom