Becoming a USPSA member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm thinking about finally hopping on the wagon and joining. I'm curious to see how I stack up locally/nationally, so I have a few questions. How many classifiers must I shoot before I get my classification? Do I need to do it within a certain amount of time?

The website says 1 yr membership, now is that like an OK fishing license where it's Jan 1- Dec 31, or one year from join date? Thanks :D

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it requires atleast 4 classifiers to get your classification, then it goes by the best 4 of the last 6 you shoot. And if I understand correctly, you can reshoot a classifier if you are not happy with your shooting, to give you another chance to shoot a higher score

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe it requires atleast 4 classifiers to get your classification, then it goes by the best 4 of the last 6 you shoot. And if I understand correctly, you can reshoot a classifier if you are not happy with your shooting, to give you another chance to shoot a higher score

4 for your initial classification. Then it's based on 6 of your last 8.

You cannot reshoot a classifier if you bombed it. If you shoot a classifier that you already have a score for (from a previous match), the higher one will be used. There are TONS of little caveats about which scores count, which don't, etc, you can read about on the USPSA website.

Just show up and shoot to the highest of your ability and don't worry about it. Many a shooter chokes on classifiers simply because they are classifiers.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
4 for your initial classification. Then it's based on 6 of your last 8.

You cannot reshoot a classifier if you bombed it. If you shoot a classifier that you already have a score for (from a previous match), the higher one will be used. There are TONS of little caveats about which scores count, which don't, etc, you can read about on the USPSA website.

Just show up and shoot to the highest of your ability and don't worry about it. Many a shooter chokes on classifiers simply because they are classifiers.

Or like someone who posted under you, play patty-cake between shots to sandbag. Lol, just a jk, we all know guys who think sandbagging is the way to go but it catches up with you...

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or like someone who posted under you, play patty-cake between shots to sandbag. Lol, just a jk, we all know guys who think sandbagging is the way to go but it catches up with you...

I wish! B class in my first four classifiers! :( But you are right. We all do know people that sandbag. It's a shame and a horrible way to dishonor this sport of ours.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish! B class in my first four classifiers! :( But you are right. We all do know people that sandbag. It's a shame and a horrible way to dishonor this sport of ours.

I guess I really don't understand what yall mean by sandbaging. Is it like drag racing, where you dont give it all you have so people don't know how good you really are?

Latest posts

Top Bottom