Becoming a USPSA member

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You wouldnt get a reshoot, you could have asked for calibration, if a 9 shot in the middle did not knock it down then you could have a reshoot

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pulled 2 shots that I later found out to be NS/misses. One of my PP's didn't fall and I didn't know you could ask for a re shoot! Lol

I thought if there was any stage malfunction, as in a popper not falling, you automatically get a reshoot, but I could be mistaken. However I have seen videos during a steel challange, where a plate fell without being hit, and they got a reshoot

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Justin, plates don't fall in steel challenge. In USPSA, if a popper falls without being engaged, it's up to the RO to call for a reshoot. If a shooter hits a popper (or thinks they did :P) and it doesn't fall, they can call for a calibration, which is done by shooting the popper with a factory 9mm round.

Eli, I heard you shot well. Hope to see you at some more matches as your schedule allows.

Don't sweat the classifier. Several on my squad, myself included, boned it, too.

Rob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In USPSA if a steel does not fall the shooter has the option to ask for a calibration, someone with a 9mm will shoot the steel in the center, if it does not fall you get a reshoot, if it does fall you get a mike (miss) and no reshoot. The steel is checked before the match to insure that the steel is not set to be to heavy and not fall, thats why most calibrations usually don't work out for the shooter, but you never know, thats why it doesnt hurt to ask. Now if a popper falls without being shot at, the RO should stop you and declare a range malfunction, or if a prop does not work when activated.
Now Pro-Am, all steel must fall to count, there are no calibrations. If two steel fall with one shot, only one should count

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The shooter after Eli had the same problem with the popper and asked for calibration. Both of the poppers were set too heavy. Eli didn't realize that he could ask for a calibration but he knows now. lol... Eli did shoot very well today, I can see him getting to "B" quickly as he is a solid shooter.

The weather in Ponca City last night kept most of the local guys away from the match this morning and left Scott pretty much on his own to set this match up. He did a great job and as always this match was outstanding!

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In USPSA if a steel does not fall the shooter has the option to ask for a calibration, someone with a 9mm will shoot the steel in the center, if it does not fall you get a reshoot, if it does fall you get a mike (miss) and no reshoot. The steel is checked before the match to insure that the steel is not set to be to heavy and not fall, thats why most calibrations usually don't work out for the shooter, but you never know, thats why it doesnt hurt to ask. Now if a popper falls without being shot at, the RO should stop you and declare a range malfunction, or if a prop does not work when activated.
Now Pro-Am, all steel must fall to count, there are no calibrations. If two steel fall with one shot, only one should count

Yep, the shooter after me was also shooting 9mm and hit the PP's a few times and they failed to fall. I shot it with factory 9mm after to check cal and it did not fall. I did not realize because I thought it fell. They usually do after I hear a "ding". I mean, I was so focused on that front sight and concentrating on my run that I did not even notice. I would've definitely asked for a cal if I had known, because I got a double whammy hitting that freaking NS, also giving me a Mike....

All fun and games though. It was a freaking awesome match. The Ponca Club is very nice also! It was very fun shooting with everyone today. I apologize that I left in such a hurry. I can't wait to see the scores!

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You may just be learning but you are on the fast track. You already have the skills and ability, you just need more matches under your belt to learn things like this. You are doing great!

SEE YOU ON THE RANGE!!!

Robert

Latest posts

Top Bottom