Bedding my rifle story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slas

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to first put in the Lumley pillars and recoil lug. I got my drilled holes a little larger than I'd planned but since I was bedding the pillars it didn't really affect anything. The pillar installation went pretty smooth but...

Well, my first attempt at bedding the action wasn't all I had hoped it would be. I was too shy with the bedding material and getting the action bolts tight enough. I spent the second night with the dremel tool getting it all reamed out again, then made sure I had enough bedding material and got the action screws good and tight before wrapping with electrical tape and backing them off a little. I also bedded the recoil lug in.

Here are the pics of my bedding work on my new Tikka T3 Forest 260, showing the ugly first attempt and the successful second. I was trying to follow this guys work, which was exactly what I was looking for, and he was bedding a wooden Tikka stock so it was a great find.

It's finally all cleaned up and ready to go shooting this weekend. We'll see how she does but I'm feeling good about it.

Attachments

• bad1.jpg
    bad1.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 227
  • bad2.jpg
    bad2.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 214
  • good2.jpg
    good2.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 233
  • good1.jpg
    good1.jpg