Bedlam for the Big 12 Title

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Sooners would have an outside chance of a playoff spot with a big win....don't know if the Cowboys could move up that far....I hope the committee doesn't put 2 big 10 teams in...its not supposed to be a big 10 tournament ....Washington if they win out - the big 10 - Clemson if they win out and Alabama...somrthing has to happen to Washington or Clemson for us to have a shot

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And to think....All that Heisman talk for Mayfield, not even having a solid shot at a playoff game. What happened to having to be IN the national championship game? Crazy talk!

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the Sooners would have an outside chance of a playoff spot with a big win....don't know if the Cowboys could move up that far....I hope the committee doesn't put 2 big 10 teams in...its not supposed to be a big 10 tournament ....Washington if they win out - the big 10 - Clemson if they win out and Alabama...somrthing has to happen to Washington or Clemson for us to have a shot
Definitely need both those teams to fall to have a shot. I think there is a very real scenario in which the Big10 could get two in and deserve it. If Ohio State wins and PSU doesn't lose. Then you will have Penn State vs Wisconsin (probably). Winner of that game gets in. IF it comes down to an 10-2 Big12 champ in OU vs 11-1 Non- champ Ohio State with a win in Norman. It would be justified to put 2 teams in.

IMHO for OU to get in they would need all the following:
To win Bedlam - maybe
Ohio state to win out. - likely
PSU to lose this week. - possible, not probable
Washington to lose this week or title game - maybe
Clemson to lose this week or in the title game - possible, not probable

Only way OKstate makes it in is if the committee doesn't consider the CMU game as a loss. The committee chair already said that everyone will be aware of what happened in that game before they make a decision. Whether it makes a difference in the vote or not remains to be seen. Still OSU needs a lot to happen to get in.

A huge wrench would be if Florida upsets Bama in the title game. That would surely put two SEC teams in.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Aww...it should be helluvagame for sure! Both defenses kinda suck, but both offenses have some go-getters for sure. I'm a Sooners Fan from way back, and Bedlam is always a highlight of the year. OSU is no cupcake, but there is this one little issue of MayfieldPerineMixonWestbrook: The Pokes have to somehow find a way to at least slow them boys down. I'll be glued to the tube for this one!

Both defenses suck? Pokes held TCU inside the 5 yard line several times unless I watched the wrong game Saturday. OSU 45 OU 28. Another home game loss. I wonder what criticism Boone will have when Gundy wins the Big 12. If Mixon beats up another woman and acts stupid with a parking enforcement officer again he might be out. Perine limps off the field every time he hits the ground.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom