Bedlam for the Big 12 Title

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Stoops has kicked multiple guys off the team over the years for various incidents considerably more minor than this. He knows the facts more than I do, and while I don't agree with it, it is what it is. Point remains that the two incidents aren't one in the same. YMMV, but I'd wager OU beating OSU more often than not has something to do with your emotion.

I'll give you that. Most of the time, coaches are privy to a lot more information than the general public knows. That being said, he owes it to the public to come out and give the reasons why he is keeping this sh!tbag around. Maybe if he explains the series of events, what his punishment is, and why they made this decision - you might have sympathy or at least an understanding of the situation. But left alone, it makes outsiders feel that his priorities are out of wack for redshirting the guy. I keep saying redshirting because despite being "suspended" there were several occasions where he was at team functions, working out with the team, working out independently with other players. That year suspension did not cost him a year of eligibility because they used a redshirt. He was still on campus going to class. That is not punishment. Whatever the case Bob Stoops failed OU by either keeping him around or by not justifying his decision to a level that would be acceptable

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesn't owe an explanation to the public. The whole deal with Mixon was a bad deal, on both sides, but it was taken care of in house and is over. The parking ticket situation is really a non-issue and was only made to be an issue due to the first issue. Considering Stoops track record of dealing with players in the past over discipline issues, I agree with GMT. OSU fans seem to forget about some of the questionable characters that their university has taken in the past. I like Gundy, but he needs to get out of that place. You have a single booster that can't help himself from criticizing the BEST coach that university has ever had. When Gundy leaves, it is very likely that OSU will collapse for an extended period of time. The guy knows how to recruit middle tier players to OSU and coach them up to a relatively high level.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU opens as a 13pt favorite? Last two Bedlams we were favored and it went into overtime.

Glad they stopped talking about the playoffs.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
15171304_10202296995621868_2849476468041830903_n.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the Cowboy's defense shows up and plays like normal, they'll beat the Spooners.

They will probably do the Poke Choke and collapse, writhing and wallowing miserably on the field as they face the onslaught of MayfieldPerrineMixonWestbrook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom