Bedlam is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FACILITIES draw in recruits and helps build the program.

What OU gains from going to the SEC doesn't translate to pay for players. That's the NIL deals and the opportunity is there for everyone. OU didn't make the rules.

Back to my point though...... did OSU turn down money from Pickens? No they did not. Point is, that all of these programs will take the money if there's an opportunity.
So just what do you think they will do with that 100 million? Every team in those two conferences have NIL coordinators full time fully paid IN ADDITION those conferences all have full time NIL coordinators that work weekly with the member school coordinators passing along potential offers for their athletes to participate in. That’s going on right now.

Now shifting gears OU has an athletics DEBT, of over 850 million dollars 😱 It’s one of the highest in the conference. That 100 million will help them get out of debt🤣too .FINALLY, OU does not have the financial support to pay players like Texas, Texas AM, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St. , Tennessee, etc. Texas has already begun along with Ohio St, and Texas AM paying guaranteed payments of 50 grand every year they stay in their schools to offensive linemen. Next year that will be extended to defensive linemen and backers. AM and Ohio State won’t say what they already have going publicly, but with those 4 having 50,000 graduates a year😱😱😱, there truly is no limit. Now OU cannot keep up with that bunch so between their debt issue and the need to provide money for players in order to TRY to compete the 100 million will help them some what

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So just what do you think they will do with that 100 million? Every team in those two conferences have NIL coordinators full time fully paid IN ADDITION those conferences all have full time NIL coordinators that work weekly with the member school coordinators passing along potential offers for their athletes to participate in. That’s going on right now.

Now shifting gears OU has an athletics DEBT, of over 850 million dollars 😱 It’s one of the highest in the conference. That 100 million will help them get out of debt🤣too .FINALLY, OU does not have the financial support to pay players like Texas, Texas AM, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio St. , Tennessee, etc. Texas has already begun along with Ohio St, and Texas AM paying guaranteed payments of 50 grand every year they stay in their schools to offensive linemen. Next year that will be extended to defensive linemen and backers. AM and Ohio State won’t say what they already have going publicly, but with those 4 having 50,000 graduates a year😱😱😱, there truly is no limit. Now OU cannot keep up with that bunch so between their debt issue and the need to provide money for players in order to TRY to compete the 100 million will help them some what

Can you post where you got your 850 million dollar number?

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can you post where you got your 850 million dollar number?
Ok I texted my son and he sent me the figures
Oklahoma s Total University debt is almost a Billion dollars and their athletic debt totals 218 million ranking 11 th of all athletic debts in the Ncaa div 1

So I stand corrected on that figure. However he said he has another link that Shows the 218 million dollar debt for OU and 80 million dollar debt for OSU athletic debt.
I can send you the two links via email as that’s how he guided me to them online. I don’t know how to post those two links to Ok Shooters. Pm me your email address an d I’ll forward them to you that way

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I confused the school debt with the athletic dept debt
I’d bet if you looked into it, those are debts are actually bonds for capital improvements. The public universities in Oklahoma aren’t allowed to run deficits in their annual budgets.

I’d guess that if you looked into it, OSU and OU do the same thing on their facilities projects; they line up donors to fund the projects, then offer bonds to actually pay for them (especially when you have a project that requires a major cash outlay up front), using the donations to pay back the bonds over time.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I doubt either team wants to take a risk of losing a non-conference game early in the season. Especially OU since they will be playing SEC conference after. Besides, OU wanted to leave, don’t go away mad, just go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom