Bedlam is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt either team wants to take a risk of losing a non-conference game early in the season. Especially OU since they will be playing SEC conference after. Besides, OU wanted to leave, don’t go away mad, just go away.
At 90-19 OU I can't imagine why osu would want to continue with that kind of torture.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok I texted my son and he sent me the figures
Oklahoma s Total University debt is almost a Billion dollars and their athletic debt totals 218 million ranking 11 th of all athletic debts in the Ncaa div 1

So I stand corrected on that figure. However he said he has another link that Shows the 218 million dollar debt for OU and 80 million dollar debt for OSU athletic debt.
I can send you the two links via email as that’s how he guided me to them online. I don’t know how to post those two links to Ok Shooters. Pm me your email address an d I’ll forward them to you that way

That is correct and OU has a 1.7 billion dollar endowment.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is correct and OU has a 1.7 billion dollar endowment.
I have mixed feelings on Boren's tenure, but he did get a heck of a lot of capital improvement done at OU. Building projects that were supposed to have happened in the '80s (can you say "oil bust?") finally got done (or at least started) under his watch. There a bunch of new (and newly-renovated) facilities on campus, and they finally got a bunch of offices out of rickety old WWII-era ex-Navy buildings.

I don't know the terms of the bonds, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the National Weather Center and the various renovations and additions to Oklahoma Memorial Stadium are still part of those debt figures--not to mention the new Love's Field softball facility for which they just broke ground.

Boaty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jollies?
D157D037-FA13-41C0-9088-EC073FAA4507.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom