Bedlam Wrestling

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ll never understand the OU OSU immaturity. I graduated from OU and still live in Norman and have zero animosity toward OSU. I root for them any time they’re not playing OU in any sport. I was pulling for Gundy to beat Baylor and make the playoff.

OSU Sig

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe if you were a Cowboy, you would have a different perspective. Maybe if you were in the stands at Lewis Field during the 70's when the sooner coach was laughing about hanging half a hundred on us and being jeered by sooner fans in our own stadium you could come to realize why we dislike the land thieves as we do.
From a practical standpoint, we don't want the sooners to win a single game as every game they win, it makes it that much more difficult for us to recruit against them.
Enjoy the increased income in the SEC.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough. I wasn’t directing my comment just at the OSU fans that talk poorly about OU. I know there are plenty of OU fans that will take any opportunity to talk poorly about OSU. I truly like both schools. From a politics perspective, I probably would have rather gone to OSU looking back on it. OSU seems like it’s a more conservative environment. Anyway, make fun of Texas all you want haha. I pull for both schools though. They both represent Oklahoma.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fair enough. I wasn’t directing my comment just at the OSU fans that talk poorly about OU. I know there are plenty of OU fans that will take any opportunity to talk poorly about OSU. I truly like both schools. From a politics perspective, I probably would have rather gone to OSU looking back on it. OSU seems like it’s a more conservative environment. Anyway, make fun of Texas all you want haha. I pull for both schools though. They both represent Oklahoma.

My experience with OU fans that have degrees from the university is 180* different from my experience with those fans that did not attend. I know several OU alumni, and they are much like yourself. I got no problem with them, and I've never received any guff from them either.

Most oSu fans attended the university. I'm not a fan of oSu sports, per se. I'm a fan of the University, and I'm a fan of the sports teams from the University that my siblings and other family attended before me, where we all received our degrees. I've been following oSu sports for well over 50 years. And I mean, really, considering our football history in it's totality, why would anyone follow them unless you went to school there? Geez, we were awful for a long long time. You don't pick up a lot of bandwagon fans getting your azz stomped every Saturday.

In my experience, that's the major difference in the fans of the 2 schools. Your experience may differ.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From a practical standpoint, we don't want the sooners to win a single game .........

As I've aged, and our football teams have gotten better I've moved away from that viewpoint a little.

If it will be beneficial to oSu for them to win, I'm on their side. For instance, I didn't like seeing them get beat by Baylor. If they had been undefeated when we beat them, we would have jumped into the top 4. As it turned out, we couldn't take care of biznes, and "Pick" Sanders killed us in Arlington, so it didn't matter anyway. But, generally, yeah if it's not a benefit to oSu for the paperclips to win, I want them to get their azz whipped, and I don't care who they are playing or what the sport.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe if you were a Cowboy, you would have a different perspective. Maybe if you were in the stands at Lewis Field during the 70's when the sooner coach was laughing about hanging half a hundred on us and being jeered by sooner fans in our own stadium you could come to realize why we dislike the land thieves as we do.
From a practical standpoint, we don't want the sooners to win a single game as every game they win, it makes it that much more difficult for us to recruit against them.
Enjoy the increased income in the SEC.
Bitter much? all rivals have some version of your story over the years. I root for OSU too when they aren’t playing OU and I might give a few good natured jabs at OSU fans but its not that serious. I think yo might just be butt heart that the only football title they could win at OSU was right after the end of World War II when all the able bodied players that other teams would have had were not around to compete? :laugh6: I mean it‘s not like Pickens didnt do everything in his power to buy a football title. It‘s not enough that they excel at so many other sports and are likely top 10 in all sport titles.

Both teams have obnoxious fans, and I think I just found one more

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It’s been my experience as well that the most obnoxious OU fans never graduated from there, as @jakeman said.
I have two friends who didn't graduate from OU, who even at age 53 and 55, still hang their ginormous OU flag at half mast after a loss, and at full mast upside down during troubled times with the program. As it was a few weeks ago lol....

Latest posts

Top Bottom