Beef too high in the store?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found my beef on Craigslist and have been buying grass fed beef from the same person going on four years. It's surprising how good grass fed beef tastes as compared to store bought beef. And the hamburger can't be beat!

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He is on his last term. Time to vote in some representation that will support the people.

tenor.gif

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Beef too high in the store?

https://nypost.com/2021/05/07/bidenomics-is-already-starting-to-slam-the-us-economy/

Bidenomics is already starting to slam the US economy

An excerpt:

[Begin quote]

The US future inflation gauge is at a three-decade high, and consumers are already seeing higher prices in everything from baby products to groceries to cars. That’s what happens when you throw money into the economy willy-nilly, as Biden has done (and plans to do much more). The M2, a key measure of the money supply, is up by 25 percent over last year.

Biden’s clueless reaction to the bad jobs news shows he hasn’t learned his lesson. Instead of ending the unemployment extension and encouraging the country’s schools to reopen so parents can get back to work, he said the job numbers show “more help is needed” — that is, his two plans to spend another $5 trillion to fund Democratic interests and vastly increase the ranks of dues-paying members of lefty-supporting labor unions and to vastly hike taxes on investment and business.

[End quote]

It's maybe going to be a rough few years.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the last three years, my brother and I have split my niece’s show steer, and it’s been the best meat I’ve ever had. We picked up this years steer last week. It costs us about $5.50/lb for processed meat.

For those wanting to get an animal processed, you need to plan ahead and book a kill time in advance. We already have a kill time booked for my niece’s 2022 steer.

I don’t know how steer shows work in Oklahoma, but there are a lot of animals available for purchase in Texas after the shows are over. If you wanted to buy a calf to have processed, you could probably talk to your local ag teacher to see if they know of any available.:anyone:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It may be lookin high in the store but the producer is getting paid less. A steer has lost $30 per hundred weight on the hoof in the last 30 days but the same steer chopped up in a box has gone up $30 per hundred in the last 30 days.

For those that are wondering what petition he speaks of:
https://www.jotform.com/form/201785981248062

We have lil munchables in the back yard as you know.. I didn't vote for him as you know.. A loss of $30 phw is atrocious.. :angry3:.. Looks likes gates will be snagging more loss.. A recent prepper vid says chicken is going to be in short supply, ?? Hope them there girls have a good flock going.. If they'd like some of these boiler eggs I'll save'm up a bunch so long as I get to meet some or all..

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have lil munchables in the back yard as you know.. I didn't vote for him as you know.. A loss of $30 phw is atrocious.. :angry3:.. Looks likes gates will be snagging more loss.. A recent prepper vid says chicken is going to be in short supply, ?? Hope them there girls have a good flock going.. If they'd like some of these boiler eggs I'll save'm up a bunch so long as I get to meet some or all..
Just saw tonight that chicken breasts and wings are up 18% and eggs are up12% since brain dead biden took office, as well as steel up 300%.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just saw tonight that chicken breasts and wings are up 18% and eggs are up12% since brain dead biden took office, as well as steel up 300%.

Steel building panels went up a buck a foot last week.. The seeds were sown and we're seeing the results which haven't yet matured..

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a couple processors. I asked one the other day if they’d started running into cancellations yet. He said they’d had several. He said what really sucks is the sorry suckers that panicked and booked dates that have now changed their mind don’t have the decency to let him know ahead of tome so he could call someone else on the long list to fill the spot. He now has his wife calling everyone that has a date a week ahead of time so he can fill the spot if they cancel. He said he’s getting several cancellations but atleast he can shorten the wait time. I’m not surprised. I said last summer that this is what would happen. People get skeered and buy all the toilet paper n such. Too bad these processors weren’t getting deposits.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I’m estimating there to be atleast 125 head of adult chickens, ducks and guineas. Plus how ever many are in the incubator, brooder and grow pen.

Latest posts

Top Bottom