Been bucked off a horse ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Shortly after I got out of the Army my sister invited me over to ride one of her horses, of which she had several. Well, being full of myself I jumped into the saddle of a nice looking mare and took off galloping down the fire lane adjacent to her place. All of a sudden I found myself laying flat on the ground on my back with the horse standing over me, frozen in position.

When I could finally get my knocked-out wind back and then limp back to the horse stalls, my sister laughingly informed me that 'Kitten' was a barrel racer and had done what she was trained to do, which was to instantly STOP as soon as I brought the stirrups forward 😲

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can’t remember how many times I put my foot in the stirrup swung the other leg over the saddle and there wasn’t a dang thing under neath me.

Had a lot of fun riding and hearding cattle, except when they got out on the blacktop and went to running them back down the road then the girt strap broke, road rash deluxe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom