Before and after My crack house & Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great job! and great work. I remember one of your post from several yrs. ago you made a boat motor out of a lawn mower engine and a pulley
off a 350 chevy or something. I made one simular still have it and it runs no reverse and no boat. I try to read everything you post, usually interesting
and informative.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good job! I have found out during my lifespan that every house is a shelter whether it costs $30,000 or $300,000. The real difference is that the $300,000 house requires more upkeep and work. Of course there is usually a difference in neighborhoods. What you did is a LOT of work, did you have help? I did one by myself without help and enjoyed it but won't do it again.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember one of your post from several yrs. ago you made a boat motor out of a lawn mower engine and a pulley
off a 350 chevy or something.

Glad you made one!! Pretty easy really.
I pulled that engine off the lower unit a while back because I needed my push mower with the front sheet metal cut away.

Front sheet metal cut away????
Yep that exposes the blade and you can use it to cut down saplings and tall fields and briars.
Works excellent to cut paths through the deer woods.

did you have help?

The "local residents" that ride bicycles down may avenue would stop in sometimes and some would ask if i had any work they could do
Others wondered if I had any water or cigareetes .

I had water and gave them water and I decided to buy a couple cheap packs of smokes.
I would trade a couple smokes (not a pack) to them if they would haul tree limbs to the front curb whan I had big trash days.

One guy i paid 20 bucks to and he helped me drop the yard level next to the back of the house.
Drainage issues ya know.
One other guy wanted to know if I had work and I was about to tear out the living room ceiling and it was full of blow in insulation.

I was not looking forward to that.
I tore out a lot of walls already that were full of the stuff along with rat feces.

I told him I was going to get another guy to do it for $20 as he wanted to do it.
This guy said he would do it for 20 and I told him I have trash cans you can just let the stuff drop in and i have masks and PPE jump suits.

He did not want that mask or anything and took his shirt off and got after it.
I had super high flow fans set up to pull the dust out of the house.

He earned that 20 and was asking if I had anymore work to do. Took him less than an hour.
Shovel to the ceiling!

Friend of mine showed up and wanted to help put siding on the house above the porch.
I had just shingled the porch and he got up there to learn siding and had no idea how to walk on a shingled roof in hot sunny weather.

He had cow boy boots on and kept doing the twist and almost made bare spots in the roofing.
I told him many times "pick up your feet" and eventually told him get off the roof.

He wanted to help do anything and said he would go clean up inside the house as I had small pieces of wood and small pieces of sheetrock and other stuff laying around.

I told him that small piece here and there can possibly be used and nothing is trash until the house is finished.
Broke his heart I had nothing for him to do.

Yea I like to work by myself.

He was there when I dropped some big trees in the middle of 13th street.
He was excellent at dragging cut pieces to the curb.

Latest posts

Top Bottom