Beginner 3-gun competitions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My girlfriend has shown interest in trying her luck with a 3-gun type competition; she has a S&W 3913 (8+1), an 870 clone, and an AR carbine in 5.56. I can loan her a Smith 5903 or M&P Pro 9 if her pistol won't have enough capacity.

She's never done anything of the sort before, so I was wondering if there were any beginner 3-gun runs in the Tulsa area? Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rifle and pistol only, but the practical rifle match at Oil Capital in Broken Arrow is a great beginner match.

BrandonM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also, USSA has a 3 gun match every other month or so. It's usually got some pretty technical stuff, but still fun a beginner could shoot it without problems, but Oil Capital is a slower pace and probably the place to start. Great people at both matches who will gladly show you guys the ropes.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OKCGC, has a 3 gun shoot most months. It was on a regular basis, but has had a reset recently. Check with BoomerShooter.com competition forum for the schedule.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Someone tried to get a shotgun neutral one running awhile back but it turned into a typical race shotgun match and ran a lot of interested folks off.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Someone tried to get a shotgun neutral one running awhile back but it turned into a typical race shotgun match and ran a lot of interested folks off.

Yeah, say a stage with rifle/pistol + 8 shotgun targets, with only 4 rounds allowed loaded initially would be fun. Most shotguns could compete, it would force an on-the-clock reload, but not require a 6foot mag extension or kill your time if you can't perform a 20round shotgun reload in 3 seconds while running.

I want to get down and shoot another practical rifle match. It's been years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom