Belly band for jogging?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With warmer weather here I need to start walking/jogging again. How do you carry?
I was thinking about trying a belly band. What do you use? I would be carrying a
642 or a G26

Both would actually fit into a hydration or running best, I use a Salomon s5 and could easily carry a weapon in one of my underarm side pockets if I wanted, otoh I do carry an auto knife in one of the chest pockets clipped in the chest flask pockets. Easy peasy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if your talking a few miles or frequent long 10-16+ multi hour, but personally I wouldn’t carry a glock 26, the weight would suck and bounce badly, other thing is, if it is not easy to do, we have a tendency to not do it. A kt380, cw380, g42/43 or I reckon whatever suits you. I still stand by my original thought, enjoy your run walk, I have many ultra running friends who are out hours to days, some who have walked across the USA, state of ok both directions, Texas same, none pack, but we each have our comfort level so do you my good sir.

Last edited:

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not in good shape right now. I am more of a walker than a jogger.
A couple of years ago I walked a lot and it really brought down my blood pressure. That's my goal now.
I live right by Draper Lake, they have built a 13 mile paved trail around it.
It's pretty isolated during the week. The area is better than it use to be but you can still run into the occasional trouble makers or feral dog. In the past anytime I would carry I just put a 642 in my pocket. My goal is
to carry more often and not just occasionally.

Amen, good thinking. I have both the keltec and kahr, but the super thin g42 is on my radar for small, simple, reliable for my realtor wife and myself, however a shield 9 also is flat and easy to carry in any attire

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am not in good shape right now. I am more of a walker than a jogger.
A couple of years ago I walked a lot and it really brought down my blood pressure. That's my goal now.
I live right by Draper Lake, they have built a 13 mile paved trail around it.
It's pretty isolated during the week. The area is better than it use to be but you can still run into the occasional trouble makers or feral dog. In the past anytime I would carry I just put a 642 in my pocket. My goal is
to carry more often and not just occasionally.

Smart on the decision on 24/7 carry. There are some small ones available to carry around neck if needed. Or just little in the pocket of shorts. I ran for over 40 years, never without a pistol and a I built a golf club shaft with a stainless insert inserted into the golf club shaft that was ground to a fine point. It poked and stung many dogs. Only had to kill one dog, a Rottweiler that I had already plunged the carry tool in him three times. 4th time I killed him. He was tough. Most dogs would squall like a stuck pig when it broke skin and haul ass away, that Rott kept coming back, he was a bloody mess before I had to shoot.

Notice also on the shaft I put highly reflective tape, and I got to where I could twirl it like a girls baton. It was quite noticeable at dark hours when headlights hit it while twirling. It has also had to tap on a few cars in its life.

B1F5E50F-EB43-48E5-AD56-4BDE6065C4E8.jpegimage.jpg

Last edited:

xjer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know if your talking a few miles or frequent long 10-16+ multi hour, but personally I wouldn’t carry a glock 26, the weight would suck and bounce badly, other thing is, if it is not easy to do, we have a tendency to not do it. A kt380, cw380, g42/43 or I reckon whatever suits you. I still stand by my original thought, enjoy your run walk, I have many ultra running friends who are out hours to days, some who have walked across the USA, state of ok both directions, Texas same, none pack, but we each have our comfort level so do you my good sir.

Yeah I think the G26 is going to be to heavy. Being easy is how ended up with the 642 I appreciate all your input. A lot of good suggestions.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom